well this sucks...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I pulled an all nighter at school last night, and came home around 2:30 this afternoon. I had a job interview at 5:15 in the afternoon. I fell asleep for a nap with my cell phone on my damn chest in my hand, with the alarm on. I slept through the alarm and 2 missed calls at full volume.

fuck, i just woke up right now.

anyone got any good excuses i could uses or should i just say F it? BTW the interview was at a restaurant, a decent one though.

Quoted post[/post]]
I pulled an all nighter at school last night, and came home around 2:30 this afternoon. I had a job interview at 5:15 in the afternoon. I fell asleep for a nap with my cell phone on my damn chest in my hand, with the alarm on. I slept through the alarm and 2 missed calls at full volume.

anyone got any good excuses i could uses or should i just say F it? BTW the interview was at a restaurant, a decent one though.

Tell them the truth, if they give you a 2nd chance great, if not ohwell.

There's no reason why you can't pick up a phone or have a friend pick up a phone or a family member pick up a phone and call to let them know you couldnt make it so no matter what you cannot give an excuse.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Tell them the truth, if they give you a 2nd chance great, if not ohwell.

There's no reason why you can't pick up a phone or have a friend pick up a phone or a family member pick up a phone and call to let them know you couldnt make it so no matter what you cannot give an excuse.
yea exactly what i was thinking. i hate giving stupid excuses anyways. so would you say, call tonight or in the morning?

Shoulda just stayed up, but oh well. Give them your excuse. If they offer you another interview, great, if not, just go somewhere else.

call them tonight.

all nighter for what? I don't understand why you would need to stay up all night and sacrifice a job opportunity. I hate to be harsh, but i'm in school to. I'm taking 20 quarter hours right now. full time is 12 here on the west coast. so i'm almost taking 2 full loads. plus i work 50 hours a week. it all comes down to time management.

but to answer your question, you should be the one to call them. tell them that you got stuck in school work and hope you can reschedule.

but in the future, if it is the case, don't procrastinate. it's a lesson hard learned if you needed the work.

Quoted post[/post]]
Shoulda just stayed up, but oh well. Give them your excuse. If they offer you another interview, great, if not, just go somewhere else.

call them tonight.
i usually do stay up, but i was seriously really tired today. i am used to the all nighters and usually can stay up for 2 days atleast before it affects me. i guess i have been stressing over this project at school and money shit and i was just tired.

Quoted post[/post]]
all nighter for what? I don't understand why you would need to stay up all night and sacrifice a job opportunity. I hate to be harsh, but i'm in school to. I'm taking 20 quarter hours right now. full time is 12 here on the west coast. so i'm almost taking 2 full loads. plus i work 50 hours a week. it all comes down to time management.

but to answer your question, you should be the one to call them. tell them that you got stuck in school work and hope you can reschedule.

but in the future, if it is the case, don't procrastinate. it's a lesson hard learned if you needed the work.
its the end of the semester and i have a project due for my architecture studio. thats why i was up all night. the project is due monday, but i have to have it done by Friday because i have my drill weekend this week and family is gonna be in town. 20 units is one thing when its Bio, history and that shit. its a whole new thing when its any kind of Design courses.

shouldnt your cell phone have the number of the missed calls you received? call the number(s) back to find out who it was. thats what i would do

i was wondering...we dont call people back when they miss interviews. unless that place is REALLY hurting for help, i dont think theyd care.

Quoted post[/post]]
full time is 12 here on the west coast.

Where are you going to school here on the "west coast" that 12 credits is full time? And if you tell me TCC..... :ph34r:

From my understanding it is the minimum to be considered full time, but by degree measures 15 is full time if you plan on getting a "4 year degree" in most cases. But I go to WWU.

Quoted post[/post]]

Whats your major?

He's an architect.

If you're not in a major like that, or don't have close friends in that major or premed, then you wouldn't understand.

Lab projects can mean a month of all nights and all sorts of things. I know at Penn State for their final projects the one prof locked their stuff in a room after a certain date so they couldn't work on it further - no one was able to meet the schedule, so there was a gap in the wall and they knocked one of the bricks out and sent someone through to unlock the door so the entire class could work on their projects in secrecy.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: 12 is technically full time, but yea most degrees require atleast 15 or so to get done on time.

12 = full time and eligible to receive finnacial aid through the nation.

15 credits = "normal" full time and in more cases now than not, you need atleast one semester with a greater credit load if you want to graduate in four years.

I just finished up 19 credits. One course was a hybrid course and I'm a business major, so I laughed my way through a 3.75 and did very little work.

My girlfriend is taking 21 credits for education, but she's doing so at Penn State so the major is extremely difficult there. She's struggling through, she needs to do two more 20 credit semesters to graduate one semester behind.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Whats your major?

He's an architect.

If you're not in a major like that, or don't have close friends in that major or premed, then you wouldn't understand.

Lab projects can mean a month of all nights and all sorts of things. I know at Penn State for their final projects the one prof locked their stuff in a room after a certain date so they couldn't work on it further - no one was able to meet the schedule, so there was a gap in the wall and they knocked one of the bricks out and sent someone through to unlock the door so the entire class could work on their projects in secrecy.

Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: 12 is technically full time, but yea most degrees require atleast 15 or so to get done on time.

12 = full time and eligible to receive finnacial aid through the nation.

15 credits = "normal" full time and in more cases now than not, you need atleast one semester with a greater credit load if you want to graduate in four years.

I just finished up 19 credits. One course was a hybrid course and I'm a business major, so I laughed my way through a 3.75 and did very little work.

My girlfriend is taking 21 credits for education, but she's doing so at Penn State so the major is extremely difficult there. She's struggling through, she needs to do two more 20 credit semesters to graduate one semester behind.

I'm a business major to, but it's not that easy for me. it's my senior year. I'm taking business ethics, business communications, upper level marketing, and a 400 level of economics. Plus i work 50 hours a week as a financial advisor. trust me, it's hard to manage the time. it's cost me sleep, hella money, my girlfriend, etc. etc. etc. but it will be worth it in the end.

IMO, no call, no show = you f'ed up.

If I was the hiring manager, I wouldn't even want to waste my time to talk with you, regardless of the excuse.

Quoted post[/post]]

Whats your major?

He's an architect.

yea exactly. you have to do ridiculous amounts of work for the studio classes which are only 5 credits. it almost seems not worth it for all that work, but then again, thats how the architecture field is- you work your ass off for pay that is on the lower end of the scale in comparison to other comparable professions.

oh, and not an architect yet, got a while left for that one...

who else is it on here thats an architect? i know there was two guys dammit i forget names, the one dude i haven't seen on here in a while, but there was someone that mentioned it somewhat recently

I think one of the homies from colorado is an architect.

I used to want to be an architect, then I realized you work pennies compared to your boss, the project manager.

<------ Aerospace engineering. And the architecture design labs are right next to the aircraft design lab. They are the only students I know who are up all hours of the night beside us. I walk on june 10... you are all jealous. :)

if you didn't get the interview time in writing just show up tomorrow morning at 5:30 and tell them you could have sworn they said friday morning

Back