well this sucks...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
IMO, no call, no show = you f'ed up.

If I was the hiring manager, I wouldn't even want to waste my time to talk with you, regardless of the excuse.
:werd:

If I was the manager, I would be thinking "well if he can't make it to the interview without even the courtesy of a call, then he sure as hell isnt going to call when he can't make it to work."

Kiss that job goodbye, whether you call and give an excuse or not. Remember, your interview is your time to show them your a responsible employee. I wouldn't worry about it, and look elsewhere.

Its a restaurant. They have and will always have a high turnover of employees, its just the business.

I'm one of the few long standing workers left at my restaurant. There's maybe 10 of us, and of those 10, maybe half were there since open and two of those became a team developer/shift manager/trainer and the other became a full fledge manager - thats the only reason they're still there.

Ask Jeffie about his restaurant and how many people they go through.

Basically don't worry about it, go and talk to the manager in person and represent yourself a responsible individual. You didn't miss the interview because you were irresponsible, you missed it because you were being responsible and doing your best at school - I would find it hard to fault any employee for being concerned with their future.

i didn't even call. i know i fucked up. i don't want to waste their time. seriously, i am glad my ass hasn't had to work the last couple weeks. i had my Drill weekend this weekend and my final project for my arch class is due tommorrow. i have had fuckin 2 1/2 hours of sleep since Thursday night. i don't even know how i am still functioning.

tommorrow i have to turn this project in, but before class i am gonna go home and clean up and follow up on another interview i had last week at a fine dining italian food rest. The owners used to eat at IHOP regularly when i worked there, and they told me to go in and he could maybe get me into the bar, or else just serving there. either way i really want to get my foot in the door for fine dining. bartending would be even better.

so ya, i said screw it with the other one i messed up. its over, oh well. there are tons of jobs out there.

Back