were to get a GTR Skylane?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by FearDaGreenCivic@Dec 23 2003, 05:22 PM
Break job= replacing your breaking components. i was watching a mischeif movie and this guy was like atter this is over i need to spend 8000 to get new breaks. maybe because you have to import all the parts...

I'll let you in on the joke....

it's BRAKES

$8000 for a brake job.. yeah fucking right. whatever

Hmm I am now curious about importing a car in from JPN. Sure it would cost a bit of $$, but it would be nice to drive a skyline or anything RHD down the highway.

8k for a brake job is bs because almost all brakes are the same. the brakes can even be swapped with 300zx or infiniti cars.

if you were here 5 months ago... i was ready to dump 45g's on an r33... and i looked for EVERY and ALL possible way to get it here cheaper... and it just doesn't exist, for a LEGAL REGISTERED purpose.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2003, 12:39 PM
if you were here 5 months ago... i was ready to dump 45g's on an r33... and i looked for EVERY and ALL possible way to get it here cheaper... and it just doesn't exist, for a LEGAL REGISTERED purpose.

With 45G's...
buy your self a airpane ticket to JDM Land, find your self a Job there, there's alot of IT jobs there! Rent a Apartement and then with the rest buy your self a nice R33...it could be easier to import it here!

but were he is gonna learn how to speak Japanesse,

by the way I was really thinking of learning how to speak Jap.

..........and to get a skyline you don't have to import that biach from Japan only,

go to Germany this muther fuckers have R34 and R33 left hand drive too,

and its much cehaper to import one from Germany,

jest go to this list http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ELIG0521-03.html
and you will find a Skyline there, and I also heard that before 95 German cars had same EPA rules and shit like that=standarts,

so it must be much easier to get one from there,

also one of my budies went to Australia for 3 weeks, some kind of business trip, so he test drove a 98 Skyline R34.....................SWEET......

gues how much they want for it.................

$17,000

and that's not an arm or a leg, and imagine that, we have to pay extra $50,000 to get this biach here...............

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 23 2003, 08:02 PM
go to Germany this muther fuckers have R34 and R33 left hand drive too,

and its much cehaper to import one from Germany,

jest go to this list http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/import/ELIG0521-03.html
and you will find a Skyline there, and I also heard that before 95 German cars had same EPA rules and shit like that=standarts,

so it must be much easier to get one from there,

also one of my budies went to Australia for 3 weeks, some kind of business trip, so he test drove a 98 Skyline R34.....................SWEET......

gues how much they want for it.................

$17,000

and that's not an arm or a leg, and imagine that, we have to pay extra $50,000 to get this biach here...............

German Skyline.

They are RHD here too, because they are made in Japan, but this place says they can certify if for CE countries "at additional cost"

Here's an R33 for 15,000 (euros)

Like Brian said, it's not the EPA emissions standards alone that makes it okay to drive a JDM or EDM car in the US. Motorex spent millions of dollars crash testing the Skylines, something that is not regulated (from what I've read) in japan, and they retrofitted the frame to comply with US DOT (Dept. of Transportation, for those that don't know). They alone have the rights to certify the frame to be DOT compliant, and register the car as a Skyline with a US VIN. That is why they charge so much for their cars. They have to make money for their time. If you want a skyline, go into the marines and request to be posted in japan. Thats what this guy I knew did. He had a skyline for the time he was there, and he didn't have to pay 50,000+ for it, and he didn't have to learn japanese. If you don't want to live in japan, and I wouldn't since its basically a more crowded los angeles with no place else to go and YOU are the minority, then just go to Motorex, fork over the Dough and get one legit, or buy one off ebay, don't register it. put your crx plates on it, and pray you don't get caught. Just like the guys in Cali with undocumented swaps.

Originally posted by MikeBergy@Dec 23 2003, 02:58 PM
Like Brian said, it's not the EPA emissions standards alone that makes it okay to drive a JDM or EDM car in the US. Motorex spent millions of dollars crash testing the Skylines, something that is not regulated (from what I've read) in japan, and they retrofitted the frame to comply with US DOT (Dept. of Transportation, for those that don't know). They alone have the rights to certify the frame to be DOT compliant, and register the car as a Skyline with a US VIN.

also gotta get all the glass / lights on the car changed over to DOT compliant shit

I think closest you can get to a skyline is twin Supra,

....Supra's a good too, right....

and the price is not that bad for a FUkin' Awesome ride.....

my friend has one he pushed about 180 miles on hour with it and it still had allot of power, he was too scared to pushed all the way,

so like I said closest to a Skyline are Supras,

and I also heard that Nissans and Toyotas were something like Honda/Acura so......

it will work.....

Originally posted by Sergey P.A.@Dec 23 2003, 03:20 PM
and I also heard that Nissans and Toyotas were something like Honda/Acura so......

put the pipe down homey

toyota and nissan are completly different companies

and just for the record

honda / acura
nissan / infinity
toyota / lexus

Back