what cams should I run with this set up?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are Crowers shitty? I have Crowers and they are great. Have you ever used Crower products?
Do you sell for Import Builders?

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 3 2004, 04:38 PM
bahahaha not a half ass dry shot ?/???? bahahahaha do you know anything about nitrous dude??

or have you ever ran nitrous ???

explain then. ive also thought that a wet shot is better(they are also sold as higher rates then dry shots) because you dont have to mess with the fuel system, and the fact that you can just use different jets to tune the fuel/nitrous ratio.

well thats all on paper, his basis is temp cooling, not the fact that nitrous is also adding more oxygen. also ive never seen the backfire-explosion hes talking about. also if you look at all the high-power drag cars, they use a wet system instead of dry, and if anyone knows how to make power it would be dragsters.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy@Dec 3 2004, 02:43 PM
www.importbuilders.com is the new url .. no i dont sell for them but i research.. you wanna compare some dyno sheets and ill show ya who is makin more power.. jeff has done this on more then 1 occasion and iid love to show you the graphs bro ..crowers are shit period my friend had crower stage 4's in his focus and replaced them with comp cams stage three and gained hp .. you do the math junior
[post=425945]Quoted post[/post]​

First of all your friend has a Focus thats all I have to say about that. Second if you have the same motor and same setup I do sure lets do dyno graphs but it is pointless when someone has a GSR motor and the other has a B16, all engines are different thats why for instance a B18B1 can make hp stock to the wheel anywhere between 114-125. Finally do not call me junior I am probably older than you and you don't know me. Oh and when its published it must be right huh just like you would believe everything you see on TV.

bahahaha not a half ass dry shot ?/???? bahahahaha do you know anything about nitrous dude??

should i even waste my time explaining to you why dry is better then wet ???? lemme know if you want me to break it down for ya and id be glad to enlighten you !!!!!!!!!!!!
[post=425939]Quoted post[/post]​

Yes, I have, have you? I have built a 400 WHP direct port nitrous ITR that has logged over 600 passes at the strip and over 86k street miles among other projects, so I know what the fuck I am talking about. I don't need you to educate me on nitrous.

Wow, thats great, you coped and pasted...how again were YOU going to break it down for me? A wet shot IS inherently more dangerous during a nitrous backfire, but that is an extremely rare instance. I have NEVER heard of anyone with a B series having a nitrous backfire, EVER. Only time I have seen any car nitrous backfire is at an NHRA event with a big cubic inch Hemi running a 500 HP multi stage system poped the intake mani and carbs off, and even than, it was a small-ish explosion....I don't think a Honda running even a 100+ HP wet shot would ever experience enough of an explosion to shatter an IM, let alone do anything more than blow an airbox off. And the whole bit about a dry shot making more HP than a wet shot, that is just incorrect. Don't you think its funny when you said: " a wet 60 shot will make less HP than a dry 60 shot"? What weighs more, a pound of feathers or a pound of bricks? Unless you build a car for nitrous with huge injectors and a stand alone engine management that can add extra fuel and retard igniton timing, a dry system is useless in my opinion for anything over a 50 HP shot. Most dry kits on the market increase fuel pressure to add the required fuel, which is a half-assed, band-aid apporach to fuel. they either do that, ir intercept the MAP signal and trick the ECU into adding more fual...again, a half-assed apporach. But then you forget to mention the one disadvantage to a wet system is the fact that the fuel you inject takes up volume that could otherwise be used for air. This is the major reason why fuel injectors are so close to the head on an injected car and the reason why any big HP nitrous car is direct port. Which brings me to my final point, which is that a wet single fogger is a great way to make some power, but as with ANY single fogger(dry or wet) you will run into distribution issues, making a direct port setup a better solution.

You might get some more respect around here if you spoke in a more respectful manner. You might also try posting some of your own thoughts, rather than copy-pasting.

Your right I have stage 1's. :lol:

The worlds fastest all motor Focus runs 12.7 and if your friend has that car which he doesn't because its owned by a shop where I live yes it would beat me. I don't care how fast your car is I don't even care what kind of car you have. I have raced many Focus including SVT and the Saleen with a 75 shot. Yeah I am a redneck I live in California. Lunch is over at your HIgh School go back to class.

GOD DAMNIT www.ibspec.com... why the fuck you all talking bout shitty ass crower's ... this dudes best bang for buck is ibspecs .... talk to jeff he will hook you up dont fuck with the rest he will sell ya the best!!

should i even waste my time explaining to you why dry is better then wet ???? lemme know if you want me to break it down for ya and id be glad to enlighten you !!!!!!!!!!!!
[post=425939]Quoted post[/post]​

Straight up you must be the dumbest mother fucker I have ever run into. Why is a dry shot better than a wet shot? Oh, because it just sprays nitrous and not fuel and you like runing lean? Every thread you answer you just spit out bullshit and swing on importbuilders nuts. Just go suck his dick and leave hondaswap alone. Everyone makes fun of you and you don't even realize it. The reason your buddy's fuckus makes more power with the comp cams is because the 404s are too aggressive for that Ford POS. Stop post whoring and licking importbuilders sack. And if any mods have a problem with me telling this little fuck off, feel free to PM me.

I'm not ignorant I just don't believe a fucking word you say. Of course stage 4 cams aren't going to make power on a Focus with what a 9:1 compression.
I am through and don't give a fuck.

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Dec 3 2004, 05:56 PM-->
Originally posted by integraslut78@Dec 3 2004, 05:39 PM
pheonixb16aguy
@Dec 3 2004, 02:43 PM
www.importbuilders.com is the new url .. no i dont sell for them but i research.. you wanna compare some dyno sheets and ill show ya who is makin more power.. jeff has done this on more then 1 occasion and iid love to show you the graphs bro ..crowers are shit period my friend had crower stage 4's in his focus and replaced them with comp cams stage three and gained hp .. you do the math junior
[post=425945]Quoted post[/post]​

First of all your friend has a Focus thats all I have to say about that. Second if you have the same motor and same setup I do sure lets do dyno graphs but it is pointless when someone has a GSR motor and the other has a B16, all engines are different thats why for instance a B18B1 can make hp stock to the wheel anywhere between 114-125. Finally do not call me junior I am probably older than you and you don't know me.
[post=425965]Quoted post[/post]​

bahaha where do i start??
A. that focus would hand you your fucking ass... its the fastest us non shop owned allmotor focus.. it runs 12''s so that should keep you quite
B. when i said compare graphs i meant power increase from crowers and power increase from ibspecs.. you honestly think your stage ones would make more power??
c. me and compare graphs is pointless... my car is much faster than yours and not on the same level
d. i call you junior becouse your knowledge is premature ..not your age and you are stuborn and talking crap about other non-hondas!..
e. this isnt maury or jerry springer so dont start with the redneck "YOU DONT KNOW ME !!!!!!! "
[post=425970]Quoted post[/post]​

Hahahahahaha.... You must be 16. :lmao:

Seriously though, you really are kinda dumb. You read one article and take it as fact. Trust me, I was squeezing nitrous when you were still crapping your pants and popping pimples on your funny face. I have built 5 hondas now and they are all MUCH nicer AND faster than your faggy hatchback. And yes, people over the age of 16 CAN actually go out and buy a new car and then turn around and do stuff to it without waiting for our allowances. If you must know, I have already purchased SRP part # 149213 JE # jxc0f4-3209-2 and comp # k57200 which is my pistons, rings, cams, valvespring, and retainers. I am buying my IM and header this weekend. My motor will be built before the 1st of the year. And it won't be a gay EF hatch with a stock B16. :lol: No one respects you or listens to anything you say. Crower is a very good company and so is comp. And as for the nitrous I called my Holly rep just for shits and giggles. I wish I had recorded what he said. Basically it went down like this...

Me - "so, ever hear about a dry kit being beter than a wet kit because of backfiring?

Holly rep - :lmao: hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

:no:

Originally posted by pheonixb16aguy+Dec 3 2004, 06:36 PM-->
integraslut78
@Dec 3 2004, 06:32 PM
I'm not ignorant I just don't believe a fucking word you say.  Of course stage 4 cams aren't going to make power on a Focus with what a 9:1 compression.
I am through and don't give a fuck.
[post=426004]Quoted post[/post]​

god your stupid .. a built all motor car has 9:1 compression your a fucking moron it has 11:1 copression... what does your car run with your badass crower stage 1's
??? 16.4 ?
[post=426009]Quoted post[/post]​

You dumb bitch, he has stage 2 cams and CTR pistons in an LS. Let's see... what does that make?

PhoenixB16a guy sux balls... check it out!

I went 13.7 at 103mph in my last civic ON 17" FALKENS. If you know ANYTHING about drag racing (which I doubt) then you would know that 103 mph is good for high 12s with traction. So blow me you silly faggot.

Dude, I'm done. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an un-armed man. :lol:

My name is what it is because my single cam, (which I owned when you were probably 5) used to walk on suckers like you all the time. You would know this if you weren't a fucking NEWBIE. Shut up. No one like you. Your "girlfriend" is fucking some other guy. Your car is slow. I've seen pictures of you buddy, and you are teh SUPER GOOBER. You have to live with yourself. Think about THAT.

This topic has gotten out of control. There will be no further discussion / argument.

Closed by a moderator.

:locked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back