What can i swap too, i blew the stock one!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sodomizer

Hi, i have a 91 civic si with the D16 16 valv SOHC 1.6L. My girlfriend was driving it on very low oil for a few months, and now when i take the spark plugs out there dripping with oil. No dout the bottom end, and most likely valve train will need tremendous work. I want to swap to anything really. I dont want to rebuild, and I dont care about power. Just looking for soemthing that I can find out here in alberta canada.

Thanks!

Quoted post[/post]]
Hi, i have a 91 civic si with the D16 16 valv SOHC 1.6L. My girlfriend was driving it on very low oil for a few months, and now when i take the spark plugs out there dripping with oil. No dout the bottom end, and most likely valve train will need tremendous work. I want to swap to anything really. I dont want to rebuild, and I dont care about power. Just looking for soemthing that I can find out here in alberta canada.

Thanks!
oil soaked plugs?probally because of leaky spark plug tube seals.buy a new set of valve cover gaskets
NAPA part number VS50300.it comes with tube seals.low oil pressure would not cause oil to leak on plugs.
over time heat and petroleum makes these seals hard and will let oil pass on top of the plugs.change the seals and problem will be solved.....

I dont think it is a gasket problem. I went to start it this morning and I could hear pieces clicking arround as it turned over. When i took my valve cover off the seals looked okay. But they are most likely leaking too.

I'll be happy to take the d16 head off your hands along with the inatke manifold, tranny and ecu if you are not going to use it. My civic needs a new head and my 4-spd tranny sucks. And i'd love to experiment with the MPFI system. Maybe we can arrange something...

thanks and good luck

i would suggest a stock replacement for you...
perhaps a Z6 swap on a budget

the bottom of the spark plug is covered in oil right? not the top?

Back