What engine Should I got With for Turbo???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondamidnighter

Recently Ive been checking out prices for these two engines and they both come about the same price for the both swaps(the b18ls and d16z6. Here local cost about 600 bucks. But the question i was asking was which motor is better in turbo with stock internals?? I did some research already and came out that the ls is better becuase of the stock compression ration. But havent found information for the d16z6 yet. Sorry for the lack of knowledge. Help is appreciated. :)

The b18b is better to turbo. It has more potenial than the d16. Plus you also start off with better hp / tq number, so you are already ahead.

I'd get any b series block over any d series block, regardless of what I was going to do with it. Beefier rods, more after market support, dohc, so you can dial in intake and exhaust cams tailored to your personal setup. You also have the potential to go ls vtec, if you ever decide to for more performance. If you are going to turbo, I'd suggest at least getting a 94+ gsr oil pump, for increased lubrication requirements. I spun a rod bearing on my first b18a, probably due to inadequate lubrication, and due to the fact that I drove the everloving crap out of it. But they are good solid motors.

"better" is completely relative to a goal.
you state no goal.

but assuming you're lookuing for a cheap swap + turbo upgrade... and you can score both the z6 and the ls for about the same price, i say do the LS.

1- its bigger
2- it has equal support, and can be upgraded later via ls/vtec if you so desire
3- the tranny is stronger, but at the same time is uber long... but can also be replaced later down the line
4- wider option for lsd's as well
5- it will probably be easier to install to- no vtec wires to run. a cx harness with a modified for 4-wire o2 sensor is really all there is to it.
6- better options for turbo kits/manifolds
7 cheap ecus (p75's are dirt cheap compared to p28s and p72s)

:withstupid:

Couldn't have said it better...If you can get both a Z6 or B18b longblock for the same price, go with the LS...even if you need to pay more to get axles, wiring harness, shift linkage, etc. The LS tranny is long, but so is the D16Z6 in comparison.

Back