What, exactly, IS RICE??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neon lights= :noodleman: :noodleman:

<-- has a stock motor in his car...

and i guarnatee my stock motor would smoke the shit out of your modded one :D

You lose respect for someone who purposely leaves the stock engine in their lightly modded daily driver?

You lose respect for someone like Brian who just happens to have the stock engine in his STi?

What about all those Lamborghini, Ferrari, Viper, etc. owners who have the stock engines in their cars?

You can't make blanket statements THAT STUPID and expect to get away with it.

Don't try to backpedal now either - your true opinion has shown itself.

i think you need to re-read my ENTIRE post...

i think a good example would be 1-5K in body mods with nothing under the hood...
and i don't mean IHE, i lose respect for anyone that has the stock motor in their car, unless its been taken out and worked, or force fed massive amounts of pressurized air...

5K in body mods with a stock motor...

lightly modded daily driver?

5K does not equal lightly modded
You lose respect for someone like Brian who just happens to have the stock engine in his STi?

does he have 5K in body mods?
although i will point out that ANYONE can go out, get a loan, and have the same car... nothing special here, just an overpriced status symbol, but that has nothing to do with rice...

sentence structure owns you. if I read it a certain way, I can sort of understand what you were getting at, but almost anyone who reads the way english is supposed to be written would misunderstand.

not trying to be a prick - just telling you why I misunderstood.

Sometimes, people just like to sink a lot of effort into the looks of their car. I see no reason to get all offended, and ultimately, defensive about it.

If it's not your cup of tea, so be it.

i think now rice is basically just a term you use when you dont like something someone has on or done to thier car. everytime i see something on a car i dont like i call it rice cause its easier to say than "i dont like that because...". everyone has thier own opinions to what the word means, and thats how i use the word myself.

RiceBoyPage actually had a section that explained the origin of it. Since then, it's been bastardized to mean more than the original.

I don't know what annoys me more, cars with mods that make no sense, or people who talk about mods and make no sense...

Myself talking to a kid with LS Integra about a Frankenstein swap.

EG - "Swap the head - it's cheaper than buying a brand new motor, tranny and axles."
Ricekid - "What if I want to boost it?"
EG - "If you took the right steps, I'd assume it'd be a great motor, plus it would have VTEC."
Ricekid - "Oh, cuz I heard that you shouldn't run turbos on a VTEC motor."
EG - " :huh: ".....

I understand everyone has to learn - but theres a difference between being new to the culture, and being stupid. The kid consistantly tries to prove crazy ass things about Hondas, and other imports. He can be known to claim that CAM2 will melt an aluminum block, and therefore cannot be used with imports. Additionally, he claims that the Del Sol is great for a RWD engine swap, as the car was built in Japan with the engine in the back. There's tons more where that came from - and he refuses to learn anything from me, or anyone else.
He thinks hes a Honda enthusiast because he owns a Mommy-Daddy paid-for 2005 Si, and owned a beat-ass LS Integra with a fartcan, ricer stickers an Ebay intake and a Type-R spoiler.

Cars? I can stand most. People? Not likely.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 20 2005, 01:25 PM
10294372: calling wheels "rims".
[post=557158]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a kid on my street that was involved in a wreck that totalled his car, injuries, blah.... He got like $50K for damages and ####, well, he bought a new integra (99-00) and got the most expensice body kit, Chromeillusion paint, park bench, fkn loud muffler, and even spent huge faces on the interior. He has a Gucci interior, at $800 a yard.

The motor, ~120,000mi and absolutely stock.

I hate when these supposed "ricers" try and race you at every fkn light 'cause they hear your car and think their's sounds better. :lol:

Originally posted by Xaero3953+Sep 20 2005, 05:44 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 20 2005, 01:25 PM
10294372: calling wheels "rims".
[post=557158]Quoted post[/post]​

There's a kid on my street that was involved in a wreck that totalled his car, injuries, blah.... He got like $50K for damages and ####, well, he bought a new integra (99-00) and got the most expensice body kit, Chromeillusion paint, park bench, fkn loud muffler, and even spent huge faces on the interior. He has a Gucci interior, at $800 a yard.

The motor, ~120,000mi and absolutely stock.

I hate when these supposed "ricers" try and race you at every fkn light 'cause they hear your car and think their's sounds better. :lol:
[post=557306]Quoted post[/post]​

Is chrome illusion the color changer ? Because if I had just tons of money to shove in people's faces, I would get the mirrored finish paint.

The next big craze in "ricer" paint is gonna be heat sensative paint. Some guy around here did it on his car and it cost like $2469879085602. Just wait til the price comes down.

Next craze in rice is giong to the be chalkboard paint. Saw that on some dudes car on here somehwere.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 20 2005, 04:42 PM
<-- has a stock motor in his car...

you talking the subbie? if so then let me dump, what? 30K under my hood to make up for the price of your car...
[post=557220]Quoted post[/post]​

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!
i fucking HATE this stupid ass arguement

"oh well your car cost $xxxxx and if i put $xxxxx worth of work into my car it would smoke yours"
that arguement is fucking STUPID
wow really??? a car with $30k worth of work will smoke a stock $30k car????? holy fucking shit!!!! stop the fucking press!!!!

i would certainly fucking hope that a car with $30k worth of work done to it could beat the fuck out of a stock $30k car... shit if your car with $30k worth of work cant beat up on stock $60k cars you did something wrong and should be hit with a stick.... repeatedly

this is an arguement that broke people with cheap cars make to make themselves feel better about the fact that they are driving a cheap ass slow econo box

stop fucking whining about people having more money to buy a nicer car than you...

its no different than the fucking retards that try to compare power per liter...
"oh my civic puts out more power per liter than a viper"
:gives: you're still slow

"if i had $440,000.00 worth of work done to my civic it would be faster than a Porsche Carerra GT for the same ammount of money"
yeah and you'd also be a fucking retard... and your car still isnt 1/100th as cool... so go fuck yourself dipshit

*** sorry not trying to go off on you.... dont take it personally

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Sep 21 2005, 01:17 AM
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!
i fucking HATE this stupid ass arguement

"oh well your car cost $xxxxx and if i put $xxxxx worth of work into my car it would smoke yours"
that arguement is fucking STUPID
wow really??? a car with $30k worth of work will smoke a stock $30k car????? holy fucking shit!!!! stop the fucking press!!!!

i would certainly fucking hope that a car with $30k worth of work done to it could beat the fuck out of a stock $30k car... shit if your car with $30k worth of work cant beat up on stock $60k cars you did something wrong and should be hit with a stick.... repeatedly

this is an arguement that broke people with cheap cars make to make themselves feel better about the fact that they are driving a cheap ass slow econo box

stop fucking whining about people having more money to buy a nicer car than you...

its no different than the fucking retards that try to compare power per liter...
"oh my civic puts out more power per liter than a viper"
:gives: you're still slow

"if i had $440,000.00 worth of work done to my civic it would be faster than a Porsche Carerra GT for the same ammount of money"
yeah and you'd also be a fucking retard... and your car still isnt 1/100th as cool... so go fuck yourself dipshit

*** sorry not trying to go off on you.... dont take it personally
[post=557555]Quoted post[/post]​

11. The number of times the word "fuck" appeared in the former arguement.

Fuck you. Thats the most fucked up thing I've ever fuckin' heared. I mean, I drive a slow fucking car.. It has four fucktard cylinders that can't make 1 fucking hp per fucking liter. Yes its a fucking econobox. No, it doesn't make more horsepower than a fucking viper. Fuck vipers. Fuck carreras.. fuck everything. fuck your subaru. Fuck the guy that is trying to fucking make the point that if he had 30fuckingthousand dollars under his hood he could beat your stock fucking sooobie. fuckin shit, man. I mean, FUCK.

yer fuckin pal,

phyregod.

fuck fuck.

There, 22.. doubled ya. No, I'm not fucking mad.. nor does any of the above rambling/whatever make any sence. I was just attempting to say fuck more fucking times that you said fuck. :p

Touche, fucker!

I would go find a picture of a giant pile of shit so I could shit on this thread, but I'm too drunk and lazy.. and tired.. I'm going to bed. Ni-night, fuckers!

Back