What, exactly, IS RICE??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

you missed the "fuck" from the :gives:... that brings me to 12 :p

and i dont own a subaru, B does

i drive the most econo of all econo boxes... a honda insight :)

and my type R converted del sol has beaten up on plenty of cars worth far more than it.... and ive had my ass handed to me plenty of times... but never did i try to justify a loss by comparing total costs

Originally posted by Callidus@Sep 21 2005, 06:58 AM
Spinning DUB-caps are rice.
[post=557581]Quoted post[/post]​

...from Wal-mart that stick out 8"

Looking for your car's style at walmart is rice....^^^
Hell yea, i got the new SYLVANIA 50/70/100s!!!1!1one!11!11twelve

Originally posted by Celerity+Sep 20 2005, 01:48 PM-->
What happened to LaPieuvre anyway ?
[post=557201]Quoted post[/post]​

I think he got busy with school and pissed off at retards on this site. :) Hopefully he's still enjoying the Teins I installed on his 98 EX.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 20 2005, 02:49 PM
nothing special here, just an overpriced status symbol, but that has nothing to do with rice...
[post=557223]Quoted post[/post]​

The STi is actually one hell of a deal, considering all the stuff that goes into it. One of my friends wanted (at one point) to buy a normal WRX new and mod it up to STi level, but I did the math for him and it would probably have cost him about $5000 more than just buying the STi to begin with.

Originally posted by reckedracing@Sep 20 2005, 02:54 PM
sentence structure owns you.

i concur...
[post=557228]Quoted post[/post]​

Actually, besides the missing capital letter at the front, the structure of that sentence was grammatically perfect. :p :lol:

Originally posted by CoreyR@Sep 20 2005, 03:06 PM
i think now rice is basically just a term you use when you dont like something someone has on or done to thier car. everytime i see something on a car i dont like i call it rice cause its easier to say than "i dont like that because...". everyone has thier own opinions to what the word means, and thats how i use the word myself.
[post=557242]Quoted post[/post]​

I understand where you're coming from- but to me, the term carries negative racial connotations with its use, especially when used by white guys driving domestic cars (not to bash on you specifically)- because when I hear the term, they're (the speakers) are usually saying it with some racial bias too. I'm not going to change the opinion of the average redneck (again, not lumping all white people in with this one), but it still sucks to hear people refer to Asian cars in general as rice when they don't like them.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 20 2005, 03:08 PM
RiceBoyPage actually had a section that explained the origin of it. Since then, it's been bastardized to mean more than the original.
[post=557246]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the definition that I agree with. Rice to me is a mentality. If you're fast and preach it, you're just cocky. If you're not fast and you think that you are, that's rice. If you're cosmetically modded and you don't care that you're fast, that's not rice- that's just aesthetics that people don't like. :)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 20 2005, 04:51 PM
this thread is rice. :ph34r:
[post=557310]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

It has to repeat itself once a year... so it's played out, so it's rice. :lmao:

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Sep 20 2005, 04:58 PM
another one of these threads..... great.
[post=557318]Quoted post[/post]​

:lmao:

Originally posted by tylonalsnifnfool@Sep 20 2005, 09:42 PM
The next big craze in "ricer" paint is gonna be heat sensative paint. Some guy around here did it on his car and it cost like $2469879085602. Just wait til the price comes down.
[post=557473]Quoted post[/post]​

That's available now?! Dude! Hypercolor cars! I'm sure all the guys that like going around dropping teabags on their friends cars will have just that much more fun now.

:lol:

E_SolSi
@Sep 21 2005, 12:17 AM
GOD FUCKING DAMNIT!!!!!
i fucking HATE this stupid ass arguement
[post=557555]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

My Civic will run circles around my S2k, but I enjoy the S2k much much much more- even though it cost more and is slower. It will be faster and handle better than the Civic in the near future, but I'd still rather be driving the S2k than the faster (not actually cheaper) Civic. It's just a better platform.

Originally posted by Calesta+Sep 21 2005, 06:58 PM-->
@Sep 20 2005, 03:06 PM
i think now rice is basically just a term you use when you dont like something someone has on or done to thier car. everytime i see something on a car i dont like i call it rice cause its easier to say than "i dont like that because...".  everyone has thier own opinions to what the word means, and thats how i use the word myself.
[post=557242]Quoted post[/post]​

I understand where you're coming from- but to me, the term carries negative racial connotations with its use, especially when used by white guys driving domestic cars (not to bash on you specifically)- because when I hear the term, they're (the speakers) are usually saying it with some racial bias too. I'm not going to change the opinion of the average redneck (again, not lumping all white people in with this one), but it still sucks to hear people refer to Asian cars in general as rice when they don't like them.

i dont mean it with any negative racial connotation when i say it. its just another word to describe a tasteless mod on a car to me and i will say it about any car foreign or domestic. i can understand your point of view though about it being somewhat racial to you.

I know- like I said, I wasn't necessarily targetting you- but quite often when it's used in my presence, it is directed with racial meaning attached to it, and that's not cool.

I call rice taking a saturn SL, putting white decal flames, white wing, saturn sun visor (little black sticker strip) and then lowering the car, adding exhaust and putting all red engine dressings rice.

Car has not gotten any faster just gotten louder and more eye catching.

thats it. loud and eyecatching w/o being fast. that is rice. Lock the thread

Originally posted by reikoshea@Sep 22 2005, 05:47 AM
I call rice taking a saturn SL, putting white decal flames, white wing, saturn sun visor (little black sticker strip) and then lowering the car, adding exhaust and putting all red engine dressings rice.

Car has not gotten any faster just gotten louder and more eye catching.

thats it. loud and eyecatching w/o being fast. that is rice. Lock the thread
[post=558298]Quoted post[/post]​

can't forget the dubcaps and ya gotta specify that they buy coilovers and then don't know how to install em so they torch the springs. :lol:

naw, i went to highschool with the guy. the coilovers are skunk2...not REAL coilovers, but at least he did the install and not a shop.

*edit*

I called him and he actually said they were weapon R...dunno, i put those together for some reason.

Tenzo is a remarkably copied company. The original Tenzo stuff was decent - Then they started to realise they could make more off of cell phone holders, air fresheners and LEDs in the dash.

Especially when you consider that people pay $10 for $0.05 worth of shit. You can' tbeat that profit margin.

APC knew the deal.

Speaking of, I have an APC air cleaner in my Civic. They have a new "serious" line of products that carries the APC logo in small print. I got it at advanced auto (I had a SUPER CHEAP, like even Taiwan thought it was too much of an investment, so like Nambia made it) air filter from Airjockie that came on his parts CRX a long time ago. That filter is the bomb. It's all held together with duct tape now, glue and safety wire. I use it religiously.

Look for it in the new Drift car.

Originally posted by Calesta@Sep 22 2005, 12:09 AM
I know- like I said, I wasn't necessarily targetting you- but quite often when it's used in my presence, it is directed with racial meaning attached to it, and that's not cool.
[post=558194]Quoted post[/post]​

i never even thought of it that way. hell my friend matt is asian but uses it all the time. but hes hardcore jdm and has a daily driver that is cleaner than any show car at sema.

im not reading all this shit but my definition of rice is someone that has spent more money on body mods then engine mods...or someone that gets all these stickers and neons on there car to "fit in" who wants to fit in with a neon crew?

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy+Sep 22 2005, 12:14 PM-->
@Sep 22 2005, 12:09 AM
[post=558194]Quoted post[/post]​

i never even thought of it that way. hell my friend matt is asian but uses it all the time. but hes hardcore jdm and has a daily driver that is cleaner than any show car at sema.
[post=558506]Quoted post[/post]​

It just depends on how it's used... what the intent is and so on. In redneck country, it's very close minded.

Back