What got you interested in...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the women man i do it for the women. when they see me pimping along in the old hatch they go nuts.

i used to want a 94 z28, 3 years ago..then i saw a pimped out honda and thought i needed to make one too. so yes, i was a ricer at first as well, but B and a few otehrs have suceeded in turning me into a racer :)

watching my grandpa auto-x when i was a kid
having Bobby Meredith as a mechaninc

just like every other "hobby" i've ever been involved with using a product for something it was never intended/designed to be used for. ex: Bicycle > BMX,
Spraycan > Art, Vinyl Record/Turntable > Musical Instrument/noisemaker, Honda Civic > Race Car, ect, ect, ect...
Its just my nature, making something out of nothing.
when F&F came out i though about selling my car (88 accord hatch at the time) just because I knew that it was going to be invaded by even more ricers than ever before. so it almost had a revers effect for me.
I've watched everthing i've ever loved in life get bastardized by mainstream media/movies. Hip Hop, BMX/Skating, Motorsports, Punk Rock, the list goes on and on. I hate TV/Movies I swear
I am disgruntled at the present.

THIS IS BY FAR THE COOLEST WAY TO GET INTO THE SPORT !! READ!!

It goes like this,

I bought my 1990 CRX Si back in 2001 for 6000 canadian, lowered with short shifter, it was quick but was meh after 2nd gear, i put intake and exhaust of, some neon lights, got a Vehicle inspection tho so i took all that shit off after, then i started to hear things about a ZC? i did alot of research on other sights, untill one of them led me here, i posted a few things, blah blah, i wanted to put 1 in my car thinking it would be stinkin fast. a few days later i was at work ( i work at mcdonalds) and a guy pulled up in a gold civic, he had like 10000 gauges, and a tach the size of my head, and i was like wow. I heard from friends that he runs 13's so i thought ahh what the hell ill ask what hes got, he replies, a turbo GSR, and no i run 12's. i was like wow, anyway, it was late so we talked for a good 5 mins, he said ZC is an ok motor but a b18a or b16a will be alot better to start with. anyway, im like okok would u like fries with that, and he left. i thought it was pretty cool but didnt think it would end up like it did. after work( i got off at like 1am or something so it was dark) i walk over to my car, get in and start to drive. Its raining so i turn on my wippers, and i notice a piece of paper under 1 of the wipers, i take it out and read it.

It goes something like this

Hey man my names regan, altho a ZC is a good engine a b series will be way better, give me a call at 3463463463463 or email me at blahblah@hotmail.com

and so i got home, add him to msn, and start chatting.

The next day im with my buddy talking to him, and he invites me out to see him and his friends, it turns out he lives no more than 5 mins from my house, i drive out to see his him his buddy with an Type R powered EF civic, and a b16a powered 1st gen CRX. thinking wow these guys are pretty cool we start talking about swaps, and that i should get a b18a b/c i dont have much money and i dont know shit all about cars. about 5 months later of talking and such and meeting more and more of his friends, i buy my b18a and me and a few friends of his install it at their a garage. takes a few days but im damn impressed. Now we are all buddies ( theres like 30 of us in the group) all driving 14 or faster second civic's or accords, and 1 del sol. 2 days ago 25 of us got together for a BBQ at 1 guys house and sat around comparing stories about how we got into the sport, mine was by far the best.
Thanks for reading my life story

Cliff Notes: I was working at mcdonalds in drivethrough, met a guy with a fast civic, talked to him about swaps, he ordered and left. but left a note on windsheild to call him or email him. i did, talk to his friends, swapped in an engine, and here we are:)

I had always had my eye on 4th gen hatches, and thought the newer ones(EG's) were UGLY when they first come out. Well, in 1995, I found a NICE 1989 red STD model hatch with 22,000 miles for $2600. It was BONE stock and ugly with whitewall tires, gray vinyl interior, but PERFECT, and I mean FLAWLESS, stock red paint.

It was beautiful. ;)

I couldn't afford it, so I had my sister buy it for me on her credit card, and I just paid her back. w00t!

That was my daily driver. I beat the living hell out of that car. I put some 16" wheels on it, and it looked pretty nice. Had shag seat covers with Mustang logo's on them that I got from a friend from free to save my ass from burning in the summertime on vinyl. I added a POS little tach to it, and bounced it off the rev limiter 20 times a day. Hell, the little 70 HP wonder cought second on command. :)

I always wanted to do a ZC swap on the li'l red hatch, but everyone told me to find a better candidate, so I sold it 2 years later with 50k miles on it for $3500, as stock as I bought it, in order to buy my second 4th gen which was for sale in autotrader locally. I had found my black 1991 Civic Si donor for my wheels. It was quick, fun, and looked GREAT on the wheels that came off my first hatch. Little did I know the disease it would lead me to.

Greatest Honda experience of all time:
Getting WALKED by a black on black on black and DARK tinted Del Sol on the interstate while I was in my Mustang that ran 13.8's. This was back in 1996, so this had really never been thought of before in this area. Fast Honda? NEVER. :p

i iike my car, its fun like haha hindas own all others cars inclidng datsuns, even tho they are like dogs too. i had a 1090 hatchback and i loved it even tho it suckeed, well bye now

-=Brandon-=- -ioasddddd

Originally posted by IDMaxGuy@Aug 13 2003, 04:13 AM
i iike my car, its fun like haha hindas own all others cars inclidng datsuns, even tho they are like dogs too. i had a 1090 hatchback and i loved it even tho it suckeed, well bye now

-=Brandon-=- -ioasddddd

english motherfucker, you speak it?[/samual jackson]

Originally posted by 90 accord+Aug 13 2003, 04:18 AM-->
@Aug 13 2003, 04:13 AM

-=Brandon-=- -ioasddddd

english motherfucker, you speak it?[/samual jackson]

Misquoting Again Mother Fucker! Do you actually know it?!

Back when I was just a child I remember being in love with the CRX, I wanted one so bad. That faded, got my license, drove old siverado for many years. I bought my civic back before F&F for the gas mileage and reliability and because that is what I learned to drive 5spd on.

I just started with stereo stuff, but all of a sudden my stereo is damn good and I don't have any projects left to work on.....
swap time

I had wanted to do a swap since I got the car and then this spring I just decided to do it, so I researched and stuff to find a good place to buy it from and that was that

now it's suspension starting with springs and shocks, strut bar, then rear discs, sway bars, traction bar, etc

F&F probably did speed up the whole process though, but I didn't go out and buy the first civic I saw after the movie. And the generic use of "NOS" really pissed me off in the movie. And when that one latino guy bought the three spoon civic engines in the movie... did he specify what type of engine he wanted or just the name brand?

"hello, I'd like a McDonalds sandwich please"

it all started in 98 for me when i saw the 1st issue of import tuner :D which i still have but my friends defaced it :(

in my town back in 1999, no one really had a fixed up Honda so i decided to take my 1997 i bought in September of that year, and fix it. started with a combat style wing and ended up a pretty badass show car. and i been hooked ever since.

Im not going to lie i always liked speed and have been into riding crotch rockets since 96 and never thought about hooking up my crx (which i have been driving since 94)until i watched fast and furious. Thats when ;) I then realized I could make my crx fast. Then i started researching what i could do to a crx and realized how easy it was. And in the first week of May i dropped a b18c into my crx!

definitely what got me into it was riding in my friend's new accord back in high school. He has basic shit, rims, cat back (actually good sounding) an intake, stereo. You know, all the intro stuff. But for some reason I couldn't get enough of it. Finally ditched my SUVs (cherokee, explorer, rodeo) and got my 95 DX from the dealership I worked for wholesale. (1,200$ = new car!) And since then I've been dumping money into it.

i havent had a chance to read everyone's replies but as for me... my interest started back in early 1992 when i saw a 14 second LS integra

yeah it sounds retarded cause of what cars are running now-a-days but back then 14's even 15's was the SHIT!!!

a friend of a friend named junior asperer, had just picked up his car around 1993 and by 1996? i think it was hie has a low 13 second single cam...

in 96 is when the REAL OBSESSION took over, cause i had just bought a 1996 integra LS... i had seen a copy of sport compact car with an integra on front... the integ had the regular two headlights and a 3rd hole cut out in place for piaa fog lights... it looked soooo awesome back then lol...

ever since then i've been in the scene from model photographer, to show car, to full on race car....

B) B) B)

Mine all started right when I was 16 and my best friend got a 89 dx hatch and I got my saab turbo. I was always smoking his ass. So he gets intake, exhaust, I still smoke his ass. So he gets fed up and works 3 jobs one summer and buys a 96 teg ls, he's faster by a little. I learn how to turn up the boost I beat him by a little. he gets intake, exhaust, header, tires. he beats me by a little. I turn boost up more, blow up saab.
His N/A>my turbo
I learn about power to weight ratio and bought a crx.

always been interested in performance
happened to own a honda
hooked it up

always loved racing
more impressive imo to see a honda smoke a (insert car here) then to see one (same car as before) smoke another (same car as before)

im into underdogs, a 12 sec civic is 7825328543726 times more impressive then a 12 sec vette,t/a,stang, whatever

so i bought a honda

plus sols are just sexy :ph34r:

Back