what happen when a STRONG B16A2 is badly re-build...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That video looks a lot like my drive to work every morning. Just imagine a lot more German cars.

the reason your motor blew was because im sure its safe to assume you took it all the way up thru the gears, doing to the motor what it was not intended to do. dumb. i do not feel sorry for you. i agree with a few others here, i hope your motor blows again before you even get it out of the shop.

street racing FTL.

alright everybody.....

1st i leave in Algeria (use google to see where it is...)

2nd there is NO race track, NOT ONE ! not even a free parking.... believe it or not

3rd if u think that i'm irresponsible or mindless u wrong, i got very scared before theoes rare races and i know that i can kill many....

4th i'm pretty sure that at last 50% of you GROWN guys will do the same if u were in my case, if u have a passion of something u ended up doing by it by what u have....

anyway, it was my fault to bring the video, something out of subject......let's move on to the swap, the topic

first the damages,

the B16 short bloc was good for trash.... only the water pump survived, and because the piston hardly tapped the head when the rod came off, 4 valves were bent and the intake valve-seats were slightly bent so a 3 angle valve job was necessary along with new valves..... other than that, everything is fine :)

remind u that i'm gonna build a B20 VTEC, not that i want to, but becoz there's are no B16 short-bloc remplacement here, so the only choice left for me is the CRV bloc .... (well honestly, that torque is also temping :d hihi)

i'm gonna run this Setup using the basemap w/ larger injectorsn since i don't wanna spend on a OBD1 conversion , even so that would be almost useless since there are no Dyno here.... (again), i'll try to run rich, and not much timing, to stay dar from detonation, and engine damages, reliablilty is the proirity here.

it was acctually very hard to get all the parts, 1st was the problem of payment.... we don't have any credit card that PayPal could accept, 2nd shipping costs A LOT to algeria.....

but no metter i've got the parts and here they r:
B20Z short bloc
2 Intake + 2 Exhaust Valves (for the bent ones)
B18C Head Bolts
B18C Timing Belt
OEM B20 HG
CYP Coated 85mm Pistons w/ Rings
Precision 310cc Injectors
ARP Rod Bolts
Earl's VTEC Line
and Zenky Oil Temp, Oil Pressure gages

not to mention the gaskets, O-Rings and thoes little stuffs.....

here's the engine bloc and its very good shape crank-shaft, the only problem were the cylinder bores, they were worn, glazed, and in oval shape, so an overbore might be necessary, thats why i choose to overbore to 85mm :) 2020cc will be the displacement :cool:

i'm gonna wait till the machine shop finishes the bloc job.

next time i'll send u some pics .........

you should be ashamed of that video. you couldve killed a number of people. for what? a prize? money? fame? no, youre racing like an idiot for shits and giggles.

idiot

True, but im sure rules in Japan must be different cause it seems to be a common thing over there.

holy shit..i just watched the vid and that was intense..it was dumb,careless,and shouldnt have been done,,but the dude has good car control..but that still doesnt change the situation

These are guys who know the cars, tune them themselves and are probably part of a car club where everybody is a car guru.

3rd if u think that i'm irresponsible or mindless u wrong, i got very scared before theoes rare races and i know that i can kill many....

So because you got a little nervous before you went and acted like a complete idiot that means it's ok that you went and acted like a complete idiot? Right...

4th i'm pretty sure that at last 50% of you GROWN guys will do the same if u were in my case, if u have a passion of something u ended up doing by it by what u have....

I personally would not do it. And just because others might, that still doesn't justify it...

:ufucktard::tfg::ban:

I don't have enough appendages on my body to count the number of times you put an innocent person in danger. What if you had hit a patch of oil or water in one of thoes turns? You would have slid directly into oncoming traffic killing yourself and the people you hit.

I vote to ban this fucktard. I hope your next engine blows up on you too. I am usually usually pretty liberal when it comes to toying around on the street, but this goes way over the line.

:withstupid: He does'nt deserve to have a license... "way over the line" literally...num-nuts

Last edited:
Video was pretty cool. What camera did you have?
Dangerous but pretty cool, a bit too over the top with all the traffic. Maybe on a unpopulated country road like 3am would of been better? Ill be honest, if a car pulls up next to me ill race him, but in zero traffic and only on straight roads.

To the guy who said it looks like need for speed, i thought the same lol.
Im just curious though, that vts seems a bit fast - whats done to it? Dont tell me its stock, yours should of killed it!

Last edited:
Video was pretty cool. What camera did you have?
Dangerous but pretty cool, a bit too over the top with all the traffic. Maybe on a unpopulated country road like 3am would of been better? Ill be honest, if a car pulls up next to me ill race him, but in zero traffic and only on straight roads.

To the guy who said it looks like need for speed, i thought the same lol.
Im just curious though, that vts seems a bit fast - whats done to it? Dont tell me its stock, yours should of killed it!

caméra is a Sony Handycam

i would love to do it on a closed circuit

as for the car yes im afraid its a F***** stock VTS, but don't worry my B16A2 was almost dead, the rings were dead, so compression was low.....

I am surprised you have no rolling road / dyno. Maybe buying a wideband o2 will help prolong the life of your engine and also help you squeeze that HP out without killing it.
Those VTS are pretty fast, they are pretty light. Around tight bends they are very fast- is he your friend?
Do you have pictures of your car ?

I am surprised you have no rolling road / dyno. Maybe buying a wideband o2 will help prolong the life of your engine and also help you squeeze that HP out without killing it.
Those VTS are pretty fast, they are pretty light. Around tight bends they are very fast- is he your friend?
Do you have pictures of your car ?

yes VTS isn't that bad acctually, its main weapon is her lightness, as for the car's picture i'll send them next time along with the build......

Back