What is a common engine swap for a '89 hatch?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Okay, thanks for the help Im going to go looking into this.. Rep +

B16A1, first generation 1.6 liters of F'N FURY!! ;l

Correct.
I can't afford a dragster and I'm not some dumb young punk racer that gives the hobby a bad name or drives up insurance rates. Not that John89 is; that was just a stupid comment.

:zzz:

Lol your sooo funny.. SHUT UP. Yes this car will be raced... I live in redneckville so I got to go up agianst mustangs and camaros.. They race trucks too but they arent shiot.
(Why post if your going to be a complete ass? If I could I'd end this thread just because Ive made up my mind.)

Well in that case if you are gonna race it I'm curious to know what the final engine cost was. Sleeving, pistons, blah blah blah... That and what sort of fuel you ended up running.

If I figure it all out Ill post it but in the mean time this car has to be legal for work.

dude...i got a b16a swap in my ef and i love it BUT if money is tight and your gonna build it from stock....ide say go with a ZC swap....ive seen plenty of bad ass zc's all motor and its not as expensive as going b series or higher....find a zc, build it up a bit, then when you think you can afford something else sell your swap for some good money

88 CRX(DX) Stock to D16ZC

Hello all, First time working with Hondas so please go easy on me. Well I have an '88 Honda CRX(DX) Model that is my brother's car, it is completely stock. Tranny is also stock.

Recently in doing him a favor of doing an engine swap I thought it would be easy to do and it was.

Now here is where I'm stuck and confused as I have read numerous forums and other such info and have got some honda books.

The original engine was the stock D15B2(If I'm not mistaken) 1.5 Dual Point injection.

Now after doing my research I realize that the engine I put in the car is the D16ZC(which I believe equals the D16A6). Now at the time I thought and was told that it would bolt right up and that I wouldn't have to do anymore work to it to get it running. Well it did bolt right up and tried using the old intake mannifold.

So I come to you to asking for your help in getting this running.

1. Now if I'm not mistaken I believe I need to get the Multi-point intake manny along with the throttle body.

2. I also need to get the injectors for the intake manny.

3. Unsure of(what else I need to get/need, if anything).

3a. Do I need to get a different ECU? Or can it be done other way(using the exsisting ECU).

4. I would like to make the wiring part Plug and Play(If that is possible.

Would greatly appreciate a list of compatible part's as I am unsure and still confused as to what will work and what wouldn't.

Also if someone has all the stuff needed give me a shout with price.

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

Hello all, First time working with Hondas so please go easy on me. Well I have an '88 Honda CRX(DX) Model that is my brother's car, it is completely stock. Tranny is also stock.

Recently in doing him a favor of doing an engine swap I thought it would be easy to do and it was.

Now here is where I'm stuck and confused as I have read numerous forums and other such info and have got some honda books.

The original engine was the stock D15B2(If I'm not mistaken) 1.5 Dual Point injection.

Now after doing my research I realize that the engine I put in the car is the D16ZC(which I believe equals the D16A6). Now at the time I thought and was told that it would bolt right up and that I wouldn't have to do anymore work to it to get it running. Well it did bolt right up and tried using the old intake mannifold.

So I come to you to asking for your help in getting this running.

1. Now if I'm not mistaken I believe I need to get the Multi-point intake manny along with the throttle body.

2. I also need to get the injectors for the intake manny.

3. Unsure of(what else I need to get/need, if anything).

3a. Do I need to get a different ECU? Or can it be done other way(using the exsisting ECU).

4. I would like to make the wiring part Plug and Play(If that is possible.

Would greatly appreciate a list of compatible part's as I am unsure and still confused as to what will work and what wouldn't.

Also if someone has all the stuff needed give me a shout with price.

Thanks to all in advance for the help.

Start your own thread...

Lol, I guess you could ask in my thread, Thats cool with me. =P

hey man did you make up your mind on what you are going to go with yet?

cause if you are thinking to go with b16 let me give you an idea of how much money i have into my b16 before you make up your mind...

i have a 88 rex. with a b16 turbo...built head upgraded fuel system and a zdyne secu...and i lost count of how much i have spent at around 9k...

it is very much worth it for the power that you can make...but if you are thinking short term use just get you a dohc zc and throw some cams in it and headers and a intake manifold and a good clutch,and you would be pretty good for a while..before i put the b16 in my crx i had a dohc zc that was stock and with a 50 shot of nos and slicks i ran a 13.80...the dohc zc has very good potential

Last edited:
Wow you know what FUCK YOU ALL. This is kinda shitty for help don't you think?? (just goes to the peeps that were messin with me a while back)

Wow you know what FUCK YOU ALL. This is kinda shitty for help don't you think?? (just goes to the peeps that were messin with me a while back)
dude again this is all old shit,,get over it,whatd ya end up swapping?

Funny you ask... Yesterday I found out that I bought someones projects so I don't got that shitty d15b1 I have a D15B2 with a PM9-2 head. Im going to swap to MPFI and I should get around 110hp then Ill add an exhaust and CAI.

I was wanting to know a common engine swap for my perticular car and is it capable of impresive 1/4 times?

ARE YOU SERIOUS? its almost 2009... well if you are serious about spending tons of money then there are several options, B16 B18 D15 are famous however i have also heard of H22 i have even heard of nissan SR20 in it also however do you really wana spend soo much of money and time on such project is your dad Bill Gates...

Back