What is the difference between 94+ Integra shift linkage and the 95 civic linkage?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNDR8D

...has a job!
What is the difference between the 94+ integra shift linkage and the factory 95 civic d15 linkage? Is one longer or shorter than the other? I have no problem lengthening or shortening the linkage to fit. I am a originally a minitrucker so I am no stranger to fabbing and making things work well. BTW, I have a B18B and an S80 trans. I know it is unlikely but if someone that has the two out of vehicle right now could do a side by side comparison that would be great.

I'm well aware that one is meant for D series and one is for a B series. My question lies in the fact that the connection point on the popular S80 b series transmission that I have looks to be exactly the same as the connection point on the d series transmission. So, where lies the discrepancy? The undercar mounting points are the same. The trans inputs are the same. So all I can think is that one is shorter/longer than the other. There is no reason to spend $150 or go hunting in a junkyard if I can just section or add to the linkage that I have with some solid round bar. Dig?

The tegs is longer. I had a pic on here a long time ago with the two side by side, but it is long gone. Anyway, you do need the B series linkage for a swap.

Oh god.... If you don't want to buy one then don't do a swap!

It's really not that big of a deal to make a small cut and re-weld a piece of 1" tube. If you are too puusy to do that then maybe YOU shouldn't be doing a swap. I hand built the suspension on the truck that I drive to work every day. I am not scared of fabrication. It's a very simple question and getting a straight answer is so difficult. Seriously, if it's not a simple bolt in procedure you people freak out.

Last edited:
If you are such a "master fabricator" then figure it out.

Put the engine in the car, test fit the D series linkeage and make some measurements. Add/remove the amount required and at the angle required. I didn't build the suspension that is in my car but I could figure this out on my own.

Its probably easier and worth the 40 bucks to go to your local wreckers and pick up an integra linkeage though. It all depends on how much your time is worth.

Why don't you go to Homemadeturbo.com and try giving that kind of attitude as a newb.

:stfunoob:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back