What kind of car should I buy?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you want to be fast in a straight line, forget the twin turbo. Just run a single big turbo. Its cheaper and better.

I don't know man, I personally don't think the supra is worth it at all. You're still going to be paying too much even for a wrecked one. You should look into an old 240Z. They are dirt cheap any 240Z you get will need to be fixed up. You like fixing cars up anyway right? :)

Anycrap, back on track here... then go buy the mount kit for an LS1 350 and a Paxton Supercharger. Get some high hp axles and a set of slicks and run your ten sec quarter in absolute style. The 240Z ownz j00!!!!!!

Originally posted by SpodaB1+Jul 13 2004, 10:34 AM-->
revolution8k
@Jul 12 2004, 08:52 PM
98 TA WS6, cost ya about 10-13 grand. 150 shot nitrous, slicks, gears and you're in the 11s easy.

head and bottom end work =10s and 9s... street legal too.

My friend Tyler Kraft has a 99 TA WS6. Pushinf close to 480 RWHP. Well he cnat keep 2nd gear in it. And even without 2nd he runs a good "12" guarter.

Has Nitrous, Cam, Exhuast, Slicks and 3.90 (I think) Gears. Great car... sounds really healthy too! When it isnt broken.

probably has 3.93 gears if anything. not the transmissions fault he's abused the shit out of the poor thing. ;)

Originally posted by NissanNiNjA2nd+Jul 13 2004, 10:35 PM-->
josh_isakson
@Jul 13 2004, 10:17 PM
Datson 240z are way too ugly lol

youre about to die.... :ph34r:

ugly?

s40f4ab0b5092b.jpg

s40f4aba64bb03.jpg

I've seen people making over 600HP out of the L28 motor

Light weight, powerful, and RWD. IMO one of the best cars ever made.

s40f4bc4b88b99.jpg

One of the best things about a datsun....

SIMPLE! you have TONS AND TONS of room to work even with a Tec2 system that engine bay is SUPER simple

chevy 350 hands down... LS1 for teh win!!!... seriously.. light, high power, and a HUGE after market... hook me up with that... but then again I dont have any money

Originally posted by JOHNNYLIGHTFOOT@Jul 12 2004, 06:52 PM
2nd gen eclipse, t-4 turbo, a nos fogger system, cool air intake, aic, direct port nitrous injection, and a stand alone fuel managment system,

why bother with a CAI?
the 4g63 eclipses dont all fucking crankwalk and die every other time you drive it. the whole crankwalk issue has been blown way out of proportion. in all actuality its only affected 10-15% of the DSM 4g63s (yes which is high but not what everyone makes of it). mine's been fine for 130,000 miles.

if you really want a 10 second import a 92 GSX with a 6 bolt 4g63/4 bolt rear differential with under 10,000 of mods will take you there. it's been done countless times already.

supras are better off on the highways, there are better choices for 1/4 mile

The saddest part is that if he was nitpicking about the cool air intake, he might have actually thought the rest was serious advice.

Back