What motor to swap and boost????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Turbo LS is your best bet. Get the engine from www.hmotorsonline.com ( Buy me one while your at it)
because they have the best reputation for good engines. LS is the strongest honda engine in your range, and the best for boost ( Considering you are using mostly stock components ). It has the largest bore of all the 1.8 engines and therefore will produce the most torque as well as plenty of horsepower. (Torque = very very good). 7.5 PSI with minor tuning and 10 PSI with lots of tuning, with stock components. This will be a fast setup. One of the main downsides to this engine is the cylinder head, it flows wayy less air than a VTEC head. I strongly recommend Turbo profile camshafts, valvesprings and retainters. ( Crower makes good ones..)
and at least do a Mild Port & Polish on the cylinder head. To be honest with you I wouldnt push more than 8 PSI on a regular basis and 10 PSI only when you really gotta go fast.... Good luck!

pewble, you obviously havent ripped a ls motor at 10 psi.....

they suck.....

id rather have a d series on 10 psi.

stick to the plan of internals in the d series. its cheapest. itll make the most power for your buck. its near bullet proof.

seriously though, we just tuned a ls at 10 psi this weekend, and it isnt even fun to drive. ls motor is OK if it came in your car.

i would nevr pay money to swap on in. ls swaps go for more money than a b16a swap. b16a will piss all over a ls any day. and dont let the higher comp scare you... just tune it conservatively.

pewble. i disagree

personally i agree with hotrex. on both counts actually. d-series is definitely the way to go to save money and still get the best results. if you want better results go with the B16. it flows a lot better than the LS and personally i carry a hard on for B16s and dont know why.

we are thinking about putting a turbo on a d16y7 hatch and then changing the manifold if it blows. i like the d series...power in that platform is saying something on a small budget.

i also have a hardon for b16;s. that swhy i have a solid deck one about to lay down 400whp on pump....

fu fu fu four hundred on a b16...good lord man. what are you running to get that high?

I haven't driven a built turbo D. But my LS-T was defenitly fun to drive and was quick.

b16's would be MY last choice, but I also have an obsession for Ls's.

b16a is a perfect choice. 1.74 r/s ratio means REVS.

spring and retainers and some nice cams, and your ready to roll.

at 25 psi i doubt it being a 1.6 will make too much difference.

i just had a turbo b18c1 at 319 whp and it was good, but the b16a was soo cheap.

its fully built for 700 including the motor. filled block, and forged internals.

itll go 400whp all day.

btw, my built turbo d was way more fun to drive than the stock block gsr.

thing screamed at 18 psi...

Back