• Rave/Techno/Trance/Whatever the hell else it can be called

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country(haha)

• Oldies

• Other

• FUCKIN' METAL!!!! (Slayer, COC, ST, Anthrax, older Metallica, Motley Crue, ect) *bangs he

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

Yeah, so I'm bored today and have nothing better to do than ask stupid questions. I'm guessing that most people on here listen to a mix of different kinds, but what is the music you listen to most often??

FUCKIN' METAL gets my vote. i dig everything from Pantera to old Metallica to even some Tesla.

Yeah forgot to put in metal. slipped my mind cuz i dont listen to it that much, someone in the apartments would complain.

And why'd you write "fruitbooter"?

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Aug 22 2003, 08:34 PM
Loco thanks for the link :) im totally digging this station :thumbsup:

Yeah man, it's all I've been listening to for almost a year. I don't really listen to MP3s anymore. And the cool thing is that since they're not governed by the FCC, they swear all the time and can play whatever the fuck they want. *moshes*

yeah i just noticed they cussed...lol. im totally diggin it...hmm they just said Skid Row is coming out with a new cd...may have to find some of the songs and listen to em :)

They're playing some of the new SR songs... gotta listen for 'em. Every once in a while, they'll get into an older '80's metal phase and play Ratt, Warrant, Poison, Crue, Whitesnake, Sister, ect...

Originally posted by senate_9427@Aug 22 2003, 08:57 PM
:gives: Let me guess, you guys are like 28 or so, so you were teens when this :lol: "music" :lol: was big.

I'm 25. I grew up on this shit.

And it's more "music" than anything you see on MTV. See, back in the 80's, even if the band sucked, the guitarist could solo like a motherfucker. Remember White Lion? Gay as hell, but that guy could lay down a solo with the best of 'em.

Now, "music" is some trendy pretty boy fag or slutty child whore singing songs someone else wrote over sampled beats. They don't care about the music. They care about what's cool and always have their fingers to the wind. Rap. That's not music. That's spoken word poetry over rehashed samples. Rappers aren't musicians. Musicians play instruments. Rappers are ENTERTAINERS. Singers aren't musicians either. They're enterainers too.

So yeah, roll your eyes at what real music composition is. Keep eating that corporate cock rock they keep feeding you. Yum yum. It's to the point now that three chords and a bridge are considered a complex song. Way to kill music, you corporate motherfuckers!

Actually you got me wrong. First off i do like some metal, i was just thought it was funny how it seemed like you guys reminisced at every song.it is obvious you grew up on it. Second, although i may listen to a little, i mean very small amount, of rap, nothing can compare to a real song. Real guitars and real drums, not some stupidass computer sounds. It has been probably close to a year and a half since i watched MTV, and the only reason i watched it before was because there wasn't anything on and i didn't have a computer to get some real music. Trust me that mainstream bullshit that is played on the radio and on tv annoys the fuck out of me. I would rather listen to the same burnt cd in my car everyday then turn on hte radio. in my car i don't even have the antenna cord plugged in.

oh well my point is that i'm not dissing your music, or supporting MTV shit, just thought it was funny how different our tasts in music were, but in the end its still kinda the same.

I listen to anything that isn't played out and flows well, and has a good beat/guitar, chorus, etc.

I listen to anything from tiny dancer, to ataris boys of the summer. From sweet home alabama to korn here to taste. If it is good, I listen to it pretty much, not the poppy songs really, just stuff that flows well and is good respected music. I don't follow just one band but listen to a good amount from green day and 311.

hell yeah Those are both great bands we haven't heard from in a while. i saw green day in concert a year ago with Blink 182. Fuckin bad ass concert, well worth the money. i was front row against the rail, right in the center. i had to literally fight my way up there. it was cool cuz a lot of girls wold crowd surf and come down right on the front row. as they would walk by, the guys next to me would slap their asses. it was funny and eventhe security in front was laughing.
Good Times

im 23. i grew up with the crue, bon jovi, van halen, metallica, skid row, and all that good shit.
I'll still rock out to it. but im more into todays harder rock... korn, slipknot, disturbed, tap root, etc...

but more and more, im listening to trance while im online, and while i drive...

Back