What Should I Do Next?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

padank

ok heres the deal. I'm building up my GIRLFRIENDS D16Y8 and I need to know what i should do next!

This is what I've done so far.

Short Ram Intake
Header
BBK 62mm Throttle Body
Venom Fuel Rail
Venom Injectors, 10 % over ones.
Fuel pressure reg, and gauge. What sould my fuel pressure be set at, I have it at 50
no resonator, OBX muffler, stock pipe.

This is some of what I was thinkin'

2 1/2 in piping from cat back
Venom 400 or Apexi V-AFC Venom 400 is easier right?
Port and polished head, someone is selling them on EBAY
Venom intake manifold
High flow cat

Which of these would you do next and why?

No engine swap and the Port and Polished head is kinda pushin it at the kinda work I really feel like doing. She drives this Daily.

This is it!

fbe6907c.jpg

upgrade exhaust from collector back, cam pulley, VAFC, bump timing a little, clutch, flywheel, lsd, lighter rims, etc......

Milan

deng... shood of saved up all dat money and got a b16 or a b20...

don't waste your or your gf's money on that shit...get a new motor...even with all that shit you'll still get spanked by a stock B16...

Originally posted by daveLafleur@Jun 20 2003, 10:17 AM
:hmm: why the hell would you go short ram???? AEM cold air from lightning motorsports. They are my favorite place to get parts.

see the holes in the front bumper, there is piping feeding the inner cone of the filter

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 20 2003, 12:34 AM
buy another wiper. looks like you're missing one

The wipers have been changed.

Ebay is where I got most of the shit

Remember this is my girlfriends car, I have a car of my own.

I have a 03' Mazda Protege 5

If your going to keep that crap motor then just make it sound and look nice, NOT SPANICH.. Take off that crap OBX tip and get greddy EVO, then get a ground control suspension ( car needs to be lowerd looks like crap in pic). also would be nice with a carbon fiber hood. If you want to really make the car worth driving then forget all of that and do the LS turbo swap.... or a GSR if you dont have the money for the turbo.

mad propz on that clean looking civic! but doesnt that tree get in the way when you're shifting? j/k :)

you've already got alot invested in the current engine, so i would upgrade the exhaust piping first (and get a quality muffler instead of that OBX), then bolt on a cam gear if u like and then get a V-afc to get everything tuned. IMO, high-flow cats dont do much. they add only 1-2whp at the most. i'd just go with larger cat-back pipes and a good performance muffler.

its his girls car ... there is a very good chance she doesnt give half a fuck about being stupid fast

but if she did care that would be nice, all I ever got from my past ex's is shit for dumping money into rides and not taking them out to dinner.

Hmm,,,mobil1 blue with hamps filter or dinner tonight.

I pick the oil change, sorry hun. :D

Milan

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jun 26 2003, 03:18 AM
its his girls car ... there is a very good chance she doesnt give half a fuck about being stupid fast

Thank you.

Every one that said motor swap! it's not going to happen so get over it.

And I have never had anything but compliments on the car.

I can put all the stock parts back on if she sells it!

all of you that said motor swap are probly spending all your parents money and not your own.
must be nice!

Originally posted by JDMilan@Jun 26 2003, 12:01 PM
but if she did care that would be nice, all I ever got from my past ex's is shit for dumping money into rides and not taking them out to dinner.

Milan

I'm totally feelin you on that on man! :D

Well, since she doesn't care about being fast, then don't worry about that part. Just lower, maybe bigger wheels, body kit, take off the eyebrow things, CF hood, Whats up with the grill?

Originally posted by dcsports413+Jun 26 2003, 12:27 PM-->
@Jun 26 2003, 12:01 PM

Milan

I'm totally feelin you on that on man! :D

Well, since she doesn't care about being fast, then don't worry about that part. Just lower, maybe bigger wheels, body kit, take off the eyebrow things, CF hood, Whats up with the grill?

Just what I wanted to know! Dumb

I asked what step should be next towards getting a little more power out of the motor and you make a list of about $4000 dollars worth of body mods!!!

I'll stick to Protegeclub.com, it is a much better site.
And hell they can help me more w/ the civic than most of you!

I have a 03' Protege 5

Back