Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 10"

• 1 8"

• 2 8&qu

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

I have a CRX and im wondering what subwoofer setup to get... im making a custom enclosure, I have a pyramid
:thumbsdown: (i know crappy, but i got it off my friend for 30) 1000wt by 2 channels... it will do for now... im going to run 1 gauge wire and a capacitor... i am thinking of 1 15" sub facing me between the wheel wells and all mounted up and everything... that should look good... hopefully... well if you have sugesstions... they are welcome...
thanks
TJ

its all about the amp, box volume, and position of the sub.

I had 4 12" in my blazer it was the loudest I had ever heard. but 2 12" is the best for the bass, a 15" will be too sloppy, and a 10" will be too tight. 12" is the way to go only get an 8" if your using it as a main speaker.

PS my subs were kicker comp VRs but if you have the money go for the solo!!!!

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 20 2003, 11:39 PM
1 10" is all you need to sound "good". after that, you are going to sound "loud"

loud = rice

my freind has 1 10" sub in a bass tube and it hits pretty damn hard...not as hard as a couple of people i know...but it's impressive...the sub is an exlode if you wanna know...if you were gonna get 1 10"...i'd say get a mobile authority one or an eclipse one

i have a fosgate punch power DVC in a small sealed box that is stowed away in my spare tire well. in the del sol, its plenty loud for me, running off 2 channels of a 75x4 amp.

if you want to be a ricer, get 3213123 15's
if you just want your music to sound good, at ALL volumes, 1 10 is all you need

:werd:
more is not always better ..... get one good quality 10 or 12 and some good high end and youll be fine

for good sound quality go two 10
loud go 12
15 even louder

i have tired all three the 10 are not as lound but sound the best by far

just read the side of the box of your subs and figure out how loud and low you want it to go...remember its a SUB woofer so it doesn't have to be just bass.....I was gonna do 2 10s in my hb, but sold it before I did, if I could do it again I would do just one 12.

The enclosure makes a huge diff, just my .02 cents.

a buddy of mine had a 12" in a bandpass box, sounded awesome. A 15" would be cool to though, it would be heavy.

i started with two 12" kenwoods in a ported box, then went to three 10" mtx 8000's in a sealed box, now I have one 10" kappa perfect in a sealed box and I like the single ten the best. The other stuff was just too big, too loud, and makes your car rattle and sound like ass

Originally posted by Baker@Apr 20 2003, 10:59 PM
I have one 10" kappa perfect in a sealed box and I like the single ten the best. The other stuff was just too big, too loud, and makes your car rattle and sound like ass

:werd:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 20 2003, 11:39 PM
1 10" is all you need to sound "good". after that, you are going to sound "loud"

loud = rice

Your such a pussy sol. Thats not true at all. 1 10 is too small, unless it's a super high quality/power handling 10. 2 10s is plenty in a properly powered/volume/placement setup. 2 high quality 12s is a good balance between having crazy bass when you want it, and tight accurate bass when you don't.

I'd run my friggen computer with 1 10 inch at home.

if you need more than one 10 or 12 (depending on the bass you like)... then your using shitty speakers

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Apr 20 2003, 10:52 PM
I have a CRX and im wondering what subwoofer setup to get... im making a custom enclosure, I have a pyramid
:thumbsdown: (i know crappy, but i got it off my friend for 30) 1000wt by 2 channels... it will do for now... im going to run 1 gauge wire and a capacitor... i am thinking of 1 15" sub facing me between the wheel wells and all mounted up and everything... that should look good... hopefully... well if you have sugesstions... they are welcome...
thanks
TJ

i have a crx with 2 10's and its loud but also sounds good, kenwood speakers, 6x9's in back with 6x1/2 in the doors, with a pioneer deck and rockford fosgate subs and amp. i mean if you just want bass then :blink: get 2 12's but if you want enough bass and still be able to hear the music then get to 10's. remember the wheel well is about a foot in a half away from you not in a trunk and also its going to bounce off the hatch.

i have 2 RF 10's and i don't like them at all. I'm gonna get one JL 10 and be done with it. i would say 1 10 and thats it.

Originally posted by stud4u2c17@Apr 20 2003, 10:52 PM
thanks
TJ

I say sell that shit get some thing with hp

i have an audiobahn ALUM 12", which is in a sealed box bungeed to my rear strut bar :D
i'm using an audioban 6x100 watt amp to run all speakers in my car, i'm more than happy with it :)

Back