What Tranny do I have?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Da1andonlyJinx

I know all the d series trannys say l3 on them but mine says SL3 , what gives? I tried to do a search but with no luck did I find anything. I have a 91 hatch , I bought this tranny from someone on another site. The guy told me it was an Si tranny, it runs like an si tranny and when I launch both tires break loose. Can anybody help?

Okay, Do all Si trannys have the SL3 on them? I went to a meet today on talked with some very knowledgable people and even they never have seen an SL3 on any D series tranny.

by bad a read what you said wrong..actuly it should just say L3 but yours has a s before it ive never seen that either

Honda-Tech.com: SL3 tranny?

comes from the SOHC ZC's in integras from japanland.

its exactly the same as the Si tranny. the clutch should be the same as a 90-91 Si.

For finding year of tranny

tranny2.jpg

Does it go into 5th gear? If not, it's a four speed. No way to know without shifting in or out of the car.

sl3 tranny

i can clear this topic. me and my bro just pulled out a sl3 tranny from an 89 crx si the otherday from the junkyard. and we put it in his 90 civic sedan and it works just fine.

Back