What way to go?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dr.KennethNoisewater

Kind of a big deal
I want to swap out my 95 Civic coupe (D16Z6 SOHC VTEC) for something DOHC. Im kinda leaning toward B16B, or B18C1 GSR n such... any money saving tips for a new man in the honda game?

I agree, The b18A/B is cheap, reliable and has plenty of torque. Plus you can boost further down the road and have a fast car for very little money.

Z6 boosted.

I've had one and they are the shit. Build it with vitaras and tt rods. A boosted z6 will make WAY more power than any stock B16B or B18C for about the same money. Might take a little more work though but it will pay off in the end.

Go with the b18. its got the power your looking for now and down the road it will have much more potential than a z6.

IMHO since you mention "Money Saving Tips"

NICE turbo setup is less than $1500 good for 180hp-200hp territory

B16 or B18C Swap can easily set you back $2000 + you will still have no torque cause its a honda engine, and you can easily spend another $1000 in parts for the swap if not included with motor (Axels, ECU, Trans, Etc)

hey blanco if you boost a z6 to that much HP than your going to have build to your engine to handle a turbo with that much PSI. were the fuck!!! is that in money saving. at least with the B18 he'll have the horsepower to make up for not having a '' turbo'' till he has enough to boost it.

You can actually build a D block to hold 400whp with a lot less work than you're thinking... but pretty much any D/B/H block will require the same machine work to hold 400whp as a daily driver, so it really doesn't matter which one you pick.

Bingo.

The advantage is that D-Series engines cost less to start out with and parts are generally less expensive. But I seriously doubt that dude wants 400whp anyway.

To the point. Put a $1500 homemade turbo kit on a Z6 and you can have more than B18C5 power for significantly less money. Hell, you can get K20 power for that price. If a B-Series is what you want go for it, but don't just jump on the bandwagon because you don't know what D-Series engines are capable of.

Thats what I'm banking on... MiniMe FTW

Back