1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which ecu's can be used to test b16a

Discussion in 'ECU's, Electronics, and Tuning' started by wikedeye, Oct 3, 2010.

1. wikedeye

wikedeye Well-Known Member

I am having a problem getting my car to start and I have tested everything that I can. The only thing left for me to try is another ecu. Will a p28 stock work or does it have to be chipped? What other ecu's will work for the test? The car is a 93 civic dx with a jdam b16a swap.

2. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

p28 will fire it up, but its fuel tables are not right, so don't rev it over 3k

3. wikedeye

I just need to see if it will start the car. Will any of the integra ecus work? I might have better luck finding one to use.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

yeah, p72 or p75 will also work, but may throw codes, but it should still start the car

5. wikedeye

Great thanx alot

6. Pizzo

Pizzo New Member

I used a p06 that was the factory ECM from 93 civic 1.5l... It will get you started and running . I drove all over the place with that ECM and I have a DOHC b16a2 vtec I am sure you can find or borrow one from someone... If not Let me know I can UPS one to you.. Just pay for shipping I have 5 others I can use if needed...

7. wikedeye

Thanx I will see what I can find. This guy is supposed to come by on sat. with a p28. If he does not show then I will look around. I wish I had thought about this a few months ago. I had a p06 and a p73 that I could have used, but I sold them. Hind sight is 20/20.

8. Pizzo

Pizzo New Member

I always sell something then two or three months later need it. Now I have to go buy it again LOL.. If he don't come through for you let me know I can UPS one too you.. I find myself collecting ECU's more and more so I get them for 25 -50 bucks yet they are not vtec. I have so many and some are junk I've burnt them up with a wiring issue I had a few weeks ago.. I was keeping 6 of them in my trunk. just in case I burnt them up.. it was horrible... I finally got that all fixed now but that is another Thread.. I am going to update my thread on it check it out.

9. wikedeye

Would a pr4 work? It is from a 93 delsol with an ls swap.

10. Jaimen273

Jaimen273 New Member

I have a 92 civic HB with a B16A swap in it, I want to lsvtech. I just need an idea of what i'll need, taking into consideration i already have a fully running B16a. any help's appreciated. thanks.

11. wikedeye

Check the reference section of this site.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted