which injectors??

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

inspecta83

ok, here's my setup.... '91 b18b crx, hondata2b, wolbro 255lph fuel pump, and i'll be boosting 10psi (and i kept the crx wiring so its still obd 0 with the resistor box)... i spoke to the peeps at rc engineering and they said that with my set up i would need 370cc peak and hold injectors. does that sound correct as far as size and spec (i.e. peak and hold instead of saturated)?

also, since i dont have the $300+ to spend on their injectors i wanted to use the injectors from an eclipse since i heard of other people doing this b4 and its cheaper. please let me know what yr/model eclipse injectors i would have to get. i know that since i am using the crx wiring with the resistor box, i would need obd 0 peak and hold injectors. thanks!

how did they give you an answer when you never mentioned what turbo and what horsepower goal you are after?

i have no idea...thats why im in search of a second opinion....i have a t3/t0e4. as far as an hp goal, i just want the most hp that i can safely get from the above mentioned setup...im guessing probably somewhere around 225-250hp? thanks

i think the peak/hold 450 dsm would suit you well, and run the vafc hack.

otherwise, 440's and hondata.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 17 2003, 05:05 PM
i think the peak/hold 450 dsm would suit you well, and run the vafc hack.

otherwise, 440's and hondata.

i did a search and read one of your other posts and you said that dsm injectors dont work that great with hondas b/c of their strange impedence or something like that...so, with that in mind, do you think i should just hold out until i could afford the rc's? thanks again.

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=23572

and here too

https://hondaswap.com/forums/index.php?...showtopic=23718

cool...i know this is prob a really basic question but can you just give me a real brief post on what a vafc hack is? i hope this doesnt mean that i just spent $500 on a hondata for nothing.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 18 2003, 11:40 AM
with hondata, they work like shit
running the hack, they are fine

i dunno, maybe im retarded or something so just bare with me...before you said
so my understanding is that i can do one of two things, with #1 being:

buy the vafc hack to use with the hondata (that i already have) and the dsm's
since you said..with the hack they'd be fine

and #2 being:

buy some aftermarket injectors (not dsm's) to use with the hondata (and no hack)

now since i already have the hondata, the first option wouldnt make much sense b/c i'd have to spend $300+ on the vafc in order to use the dsm's which would be a few years old, when with the second option, i could just buy a set of brand new rc injectors to use with my hondata.

and, if i am correct so far and option #2 is the smarter choice, then i'd have to buy the 500cc peak and hold rc's b/c according to their site, the 440's are saturated and the next lowest peak and hold flowrate below 500cc is 370cc which i think wont be enough.

please just let me know if im understanding everything correctly and going about this the right way. thanks a mill

nope- you got that mixed up.

if you have hondata, you don't need a VAFC at all. hondata can do everything the vafc can 10x better and then some.

so,

option 1-
VAFC, DSM 450s

option 2-
fmu, missing link, stock injectors

option 3-
hondata, rc injectors sized to your horsepower goals.

as for peak/hold vs saturated, it really depends on what ecu you use.
chances are with hondata, you are going to want to chip the p28, as its the cheapest and most common for a vtec swap, d/b/h series alike. hondata can tune the curves. if you have a gsr with the oem manifold, you realyl "should" get the p72, but thats more $$$ just to have the IAB's working.

if you run a p28, you want saturated injectors. If there are no sizes availble, you can easily wire in a resitor box to use peak/hold injectors with a p28. hondata.com has a write up on how to do this on their site.

thanks for clearing that up for me...option 3 is the one for me. i'll be using the peak and hold because i am still using the obd 0 crx engine harness with the resistor box...i am using the PR4 ecu because i have a b18b (LS) which is dohc non-vtec...even thou rc told me that i would be good with the peak and hold 370cc injectors, i think that they would be too small. so the next peak and hold size up from that is the 500cc which is probably what i'll be getting. thanks again for your help on this one.

Back