Which Knife?

Which Knife?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92stoccord

Big Member
Burst:

kershaw-burst.jpg

KAI USA : Kershaw Product Details

I like the Blade, kinda hate the handle. Speedsafe. Can be had for 30 bucks. 3 inches (About my minimum length for speedsafe)

RJ I: (No serration)

kershaw-rjist.jpg

Thick ass Tanto tip, so I don't have to worry about abuse. A little plain. Speedsafe. Can be had for $30. 3.5 inches

Brawler:

kershaw-brawler-large.jpg

Also Tanto. I like this design a little better. Still Tanto tip. Again, $30. Speedsafe. 3.25 inch

Tanto Groove:

Kershaw-Tanto-Groove-1730TBLK-350x350.gif

No Speedsafe. Very sexy. Like this design. 3.5 inches. This one will be a little over 50.

I don't mind Speedsafe, but it needs to be on a bigger blade, or else I feel out of control. It's hit or miss with me.

Opinions?

I love assisted Kershaw knives but that Tanto Groove IS very sexy!

Edit: Where you getting them so cheap?

:werd:
P.S. I watched some reviews. Im getting that knife. haha

I hate my friends Chive and Shallots. I really dislike pretty much the entire Ken Onion line.
lmao Funny you mention that. Cause I finally found the name for my Kershaw.

Kershaw Ken Onion Tactical Blur

Kershaw-Tactical-Blur-1670TBLKST-600x600.gif

I LOVE this knife. 3 3/8" Blade. Awesome styling, nice weight, blade holds edge. Nice functionaly shaped blade.

I like the grip of the Groove; but not really a fan of tantos(at least from a "universal knife" POV).

Last edited:
I have a kershaw zing with the scalloped blade and I love it.

Good knife!

voted rj i because i hate straight blade knives. must have a serrated section. at least i must.

reikoshea said:
voted rj i because i hate straight blade knives. must have a serrated section. at least i must.

That's funny, any serration on a knife is an automatic out for me. I hate em

I only like serrations on larger fixed handle knives. They cut through tough fabrics much faster.

I think the only reason I like it is because its much easier to take the flaps off a box with a serrated knife.

fack. well nevermind my opinion no longer matters. I hope you find a really thick cardboard box that you cant cut the flaps off of. when you do, you'll think of me and curse my name.

Usually carry a box cutter at work. It does the job stunningly ;)

On the back of a fold, the tantos corner (on the blade not the tip) always made quick work for me. I used to take my Kershaw to work all the time.

Bumping this up, I just got my 1775 and 1940 back for fixin's and service. We sent a box of 7 or 8 knives, they repaired the blades, honed the edge out, and sharpened them to the point of scary, for 5.25 split 4 ways. Kershaw's warranty program is excellent. As are their knives, and service. We had all knives back in 3 weeks.

Back