Wildbillhatchbac = Wildbillcrashbac

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
:(

bill got in an accident this morning in his truck. no more truck probably :(
he's ok, but the dude he hit got messed up i guess.
i talked to him on the phone briefly, i guess they turned left to go into a gas station righ tin front of him- like they never even saw him there... plus, its raining out here. t-bonned them pretty bad i guess. he took pics, im sure he;ll post them up later.

good news- bills ok
bad news, i was gonna get him a window handel for his brithday, cuz the passenger side (aka my seat :D) is broken in half and is bitch to roll up. now i gotta think of something else :/

Shitty. Hope everyone is OK. Sounds like Bill will get little or no fault in the accident.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@May 23 2003, 01:15 PM
the Cruck is dead????

yeah, more than likely. he paid $1500 bucks for it. a small accident will beat 1500 in repairs. they will more than liekly total it.
he said the frame looks twisted, and he can't turn right very well... but hes driving it home

it's not based on what he paid for it. It's based on the NADA of the vehicle.
if it's going to cost more than 80% of the vehicles value they'll cut him a check.
if he didn't have collision on his vehicle it's gonna be a bitch gettin the money.

Also get a quote to repair it from the most expensive place you know of.
the adjuster for the other company will low ball you if they are gonna total it.

any questions just ask, been there done that.
well hagling with insurance companies that is.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 23 2003, 12:15 PM
Shitty. Hope everyone is OK. Sounds like Bill will get little or no fault in the accident.

if you're there, they'll always find you atleast 25% at fault.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 23 2003, 01:46 PM
it's not based on what he paid for it. It's based on the NADA of the vehicle.
if it's going to cost more than 80% of the vehicles value they'll cut him a check.
if he didn't have collision on his vehicle it's gonna be a bitch gettin the money.

Also get a quote to repair it from the most expensive place you know of.
the adjuster for the other company will low ball you if they are gonna total it.

any questions just ask, been there done that.
well hagling with insurance companies that is.

:werd:

Sometimes its actually profitable to total the car, if you haggled well and got a good deal on your car...obviously under blue book...and you get into an accident and you either have 1) collision on your car or 2) aren't at fault for the accident, then you'll make out with some extra cash in the end. minus the insurance boost if it was your fault

dido, hope everyone is ok, but wait, yesterday when it was raining like hell in florida I almost T-boned some old fuck in a parking lot. She didn't feel it was important to check both ways before crossing a fourway in the lot? Fucking seniors!!! :angry:

Milan

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 23 2003, 03:13 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 23 2003, 04:09 PM
dohcvtec_accord
@May 23 2003, 12:15 PM

if you're there, they'll always find you atleast 25% at fault.

not true

On a widescale basis I'm afraid to say, that from what I've been informed, it is. Maybe in places other than New Jersey its not that way, but here I'm positive it is. If you were there, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, its 25% your fault just for that.

damn
thats fuckin weak

CT isnt like that

Originally posted by Calesta@May 23 2003, 02:23 PM
Ouch. I'm glad to hear that he's alright.

:werd:

I thought his new B18 hatch got wrecked, but still sucks nonetheless. Now Jeff's Zr2 will have to pull your asses out of the Wal-Mart snow banks during drifting season.

drifting has been moved to firestone .... and the Cruck couldnt pull itself out of a snowbank let alone anyone else ..... my mazda was WAYYYYY better in the snow than the Cruck

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@May 23 2003, 04:09 PM

On a widescale basis I'm afraid to say, that from what I've been informed, it is. Maybe in places other than New Jersey its not that way, but here I'm positive it is. If you were there, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, its 25% your fault just for that.

That is not true what-so-ever. New Jersey is a no fault state, meaing your own insurance will pay and then subrogate money from the at-fault party.

When you are involved in an accident it does not make you at least 25% at fault, it is whoever is at fault for the accident into which they will be surcharged by their insurance company.

Originally posted by sisteve+May 23 2003, 03:27 PM-->
New2TheCarScene
@May 23 2003, 04:09 PM

On a widescale basis I'm afraid to say, that from what I've been informed, it is.  Maybe in places other than New Jersey its not that way, but here I'm positive it is.  If you were there, at the wrong place, at the wrong time, its 25% your fault just for that.

That is not true what-so-ever. New Jersey is a no fault state, meaing your own insurance will pay and then subrogate money from the at-fault party.

When you are involved in an accident it does not make you at least 25% at fault, it is whoever is at fault for the accident into which they will be surcharged by their insurance company.

Don't know who you deal with but everyone I know who have been at no fault whatsoever, were still found by insurance companies to be 25% at fault

i call bullshit on the no-fault state thing considering very few insurance companies are left in NJ, they're losing money hand over fist and would have changed their policy by now to suit that fact, i'm sure.

I deal with insurance every day.

And yes, there are not too many insurance companies in NJ or MA. for very particular reasons.

I have never heard of that, New2TheCarScene. When some bitch hit me, I was not 25% at fault. Furthermore, Her insurance paid for my rental car, all damages, and inconvience.

...and inconvience

You did say to the insurance company that you missed a once in a life time even because of the crash and in result you demanded 1,000,000 in comp. right?

Bill glad your ok, but at least now your not driving a hillbilly truck anymore.

Back