winch info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

AHHVTEC

VIP
I may have asked this before and i was unsure what section to put this in, but anyways. im gona buy a winch for my car trailer everything i load and haul has rolling wheels with aired up tires. do you think one of theses atv champion winch 4500lb would work. or just go big or go home.

well your basic car weighs in at 2500 or more unless it a CRX so I would get a bigger one since it has to be pulled up the ramps and the will ad more stress to the winch.

wench2_gallery.jpg

wenches are always good.
i would recommend a younger one.

For trucks/4x4's it's recommended to have a winch with double the capacity of the weight of the vehicle. this can/is usually overcome with... block and tackle? (can't remember the term for the life of me) basically a pulley system. More pulleys=more force pulled.

It would be a pain to deal with block and tackle for loading a car on the trailer. I would go big on it. You never know what you may need to winch onto the trailer later on down the road. Once word goes out that you have a setup like that chances are you start getting phone calls for help from friends.

Back