Windows XP Update

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lol, I was just seeing who would be the first to notice they have nothing to do with each other :)

Actually you're supposed to be better "protected" while using ie with teh new service pack, but mozilla pwns. I'm hooked and never miss ie.

i highly recommend you do NOT isntall service pak 2 without first looking into what it does.

being mostly a SECURITY pak, it will:

--enable all your firewall settings, thus making your home network probably shit the bed if you run wireless, or use another machine as a firewall.
--there goes aol file transfers

and more things to even get into right now.

i highly suggest you non-savvy folks READ EVERYtHING IT DOES before you isntall it, or you may be left inter-net less and wondering wwhy.

hardly anythign compared to what SP2 is going to do.

honestly, i have 0 intentions on installing it.

its hardly ANY software. all it does is fuck with configuration settings for morons who can't protect themselves

i was under the impression all the service packs were available to download if you had a registered copy of windows... so if this is just another SP release... who cares if it's free?

i'm pretty damn sure we downloaded SP1 for XP Pro, and they didn't charge us, so i dunno... sounds like he's trying to say 'look, i can give out shit for free... oh wait... i already do' kinda shit... maybe i just didn't care enough to read the whole story either.

HAHA

SP2 has been out for a while. i've been rocking it and it included a good popup blocker for ie. i really haven't seen a difference in using firefox over ie. someone care to explain why they think it is better?

Originally posted by Prowler@Aug 8 2004, 02:22 AM
SP2 has been out for a while. i've been rocking it and it included a good popup blocker for ie. i really haven't seen a difference in using firefox over ie. someone care to explain why they think it is better?
[post=373952]Quoted post[/post]​

Really, Well, Its not in the Windows Update..So what did you download?

2000 is up to serve pak 4.

xp and 2k do not have the same service paks

i don't know what the hell i was thinking there. but um yeah.... lol
i googled service pack 2, it gave me the first link. then i saw it was for 2000. then i found the second link. whatever.....

read the comments. there's 0 solid proof that that is even happening

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Aug 9 2004, 08:46 AM
read the comments. there's 0 solid proof that that is even happening
[post=374248]Quoted post[/post]​

right it's not 100% but hopefully their realizing their mistakes. Hopefully they come back soon. im getting tired of hearing all the NETSCAPE propaganda lol

Back