Wiring A Gsr Cluster Into An Eg!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

According to FifthGearOnline the first wire (B1) on the "B" connector is yellow/black for the seatbelt light. The yellow/black wire on my "B" connector is actually "B11". My first wire - B1 is red/blue which is suppose to be "B3" on the site above.
I can see in this pic of the harness of the site above that the first wire is yellow/black. But, I have NO idea why mine is NOT.

My plugs are as follows for the GSR:

16 pin connector:

B1 - red/blue
B2 - light grn/red
B3 - yellow
B4 - blue/white
B5 - red
B6 - orange
B7 - grn
B8 - blue/red
B9 - red
B10 - black/red
B11 - black/yellow
B12 - yellow
B13 - grn/blue
B14 - grn/yellow
B15 - red/grn
B16 - grn/red

13 pin connector

C1 - red/blue
C2 - pink
C3 - blue/white
C4 - yellow
C5 - red/blue
C6 - black
C7 - yellow/grn
C8 - orange
C9 - white/blue
C10 - grn
C11 - yellow/red
C12 - grn/orange
C13 - blue

My Civic connectors:

12 pin connector:

#1 - yellow/white
#2 - yellow/blue
#3 - grn/yellow
#4 - grn/blue
#5 - white/blue
#6 - yellow/red
#7 - EMPTY
#8 - blue
#9 - EMPTY
#10 - black/yellow
#11 - red/black
#12 - red

10 pin connector
#1a - red/grn
#2a - grn/red
#3a - EMPTY
#4a - EMPTY
#5a - grn/ornage
#6a - black
#7a - yellow/grn
#8a - yellow
#9a - grn
#10a - blue/white

I just am not sure about the mixup on the GSR plugs with mine and the ones labeled on the site above.

Any reason why mine are in different order?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't get anything to work on the GSR cluster. I've printed out 3 diagrams people put together from the web and none have worked for me (all 3 are different in one way or another as well).
If someone has access to the GSR electrical Helms manual (thinner book) that would be great! Or if someone can tell me where I can find the 2 gauge cluster harnesses in my 98 GSR Helms manual that would be just as good. I have found the actual 2 harnesses for the cluster. Just believe the only way to find out what each wire represents is in the electrical manual only....

Thanks for any help on this!

Back