Wiring a OBD0 with OBD2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Tetsuo221

I wanted to Know if I could usemy 89 Crx Si wiring harness and splice certain parts with the B18b1 such as the alternator connections and the injector connections and sensors, others told me to just get injectors, a distributor, and a ecu from a 91 teg and then someone said I could use my distributor from my Si but there would a delay, I just want to know the most power and best way to finish this swap cause now its just taking too damn long to do THREE MONTHS AND COUNTING :angry:

there is more than one way to skin a cat.
Which way is "best" depends on what parts you have and what your priorities are. Dig?

there are two basic ways you can wire a OBD1 or OBD2 motor into an OBD0 car:

1. Switch the OBD1/OBD2 distributor for a 90-91 LS OBD1 distributor (or even the 89 Si dist...) and then run an OBD0 ECU (chipped PM6 Si or 90-91 PR4). You will prob need to lengthen a few wires here or there for coolant fan, etc but overall, the changes needed to your stock 89 Si harness will be minimal.

2. Switch the car's electronics over to OBD1. This is *much* more involved. You will need to make an OBD0-OBD1 conversion harness and use an appropriate OBD1 ECU. Use the search feature and look at some of the articles here if you choose to go this route.

Back