Wiring help for fan!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I Ride Dumped

Hey guys I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this is posted already or not but I need help!! I just bought this car a few weeks ago and don't know whats all with it until it doesnt work! And I found out today that my fan is not turning on! I had this same problem with my CRX Si that I had awhile ago. But I don't remember how my mechanic wired it. Can I run an inline fuse from the starter solenoid to the fan then run it to a switch and put that in the cockpit! Please someone help me out! :ph34r:I will give cookies to who ever helps me!

first unpluf it and run a wie straight to it from the battery to see if its good or not

yeah you can just run wires to it with a fuse than to a switch in the car, but if it works. its prolly just a bad fan switch

spend an extra three ounces of effort and wire it up properly. running your radiator fan off a switch is ghetto and unnecessary. once you determine the fan is good check the relay, and then check the 2 prong coolant fan switch on the back of the block. pull the wires off of the switch and touch them to eachother. if the fan comes on, then the switch is bad, if it still doesn't come on then most likely the switch is ok, and the problem lies elsewhere. (i.e. break in a wire, fan relay)

I still say fan relay switch....changed them a few times and they have been the problem in the past....

But I don't know what the coolant fan switch on the block look likes on your car so that may be worth looking into as well.

Relay first IMO

Back