woops, i bought another one (90 CRX Si)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Is it just me or do the side markers look really off?

Also, what are those seats?

Last edited:
yes the sidemarkers are placed really high but fck it..id rock em anyday for a clean gsr swapped rex..

thanks, guys! :D

Is it just me or do the side markers look really off?

Also, what are those seats?

seats are recaros, he says? they're getting swapped when i find a good set. there's a set in town i might go look at (reupholstered, minty).

yes the sidemarkers are placed really high but fck it..id rock em anyday for a clean gsr swapped rex..

yeah...i dunno how i feel about them, either - i was surprised they were on there. there'll be a bit of body work and replacement of the front fenders (they're a little ripply/dinged) so i'll have the markers repositioned then.

more details in random order (as they come to mind):

• the rear wiper is deleted, front wipers might be as well
  • the interior is missing bits (some kinda necessary like window crank, but the door panels look good)
  • the driver's door and the hatch don't unlock with a key (passenger's does, and key fits in ignition - no joy til the alternator is in sometime tomorrow)
  • guy is giving me a spare driver's door and the missing pillar trim piece, and 2 full size wheel/tires + spare (all included for price)
  • muffler has huge dent in it, will eventually replace with the one Phyregod has orgasms over
  • there's nothing in the center console (no air controls, head unit, etc - so no speakers either is my guess, which is fine i'll build my own system in there later down the line)
  • there's no f!cking towing hardware on the front - there is on my '91, what the heck? guy had to axle-strap it.

it's definitely a rough outline of a fully featured CRX, but it's relatively easy to find and install the missing bits. all over time, i guess.

Last edited:
  • the rear wiper is deleted, front wipers might be as well
likely just missing the arms for the fronts

• the interior is missing bits (some kinda necessary like window crank, but the door panels look good)
interior bits are generally pretty cheap and easy to come by

• the driver's door and the hatch don't unlock with a key (passenger's does, and key fits in ignition)
car has been broken into and the key cylinders were destroyed.... i would try to get a full set with a matching ignition (maybe from majestic or a local dealership or something someones gotta have them :shrug2: )
*** heres a full set on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-8...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3a56a3f681

• guy is giving me a spare driver's door and the missing pillar trim piece, and 2 full size wheel/tires + spare (all included for price)
:thumbsup: always nice to have spare stuff

• muffler has huge dent in it, will eventually replace with the one Phyregod has orgasms over
:thumbsup:

• there's nothing in the center console (no air controls, head unit, etc)
all pretty easy to find and replace

Last edited:
car has been broken into and the key cylinders were destroyed.... i would try to get a full set with a matching ignition (maybe from majestic or a local dealership or something someones gotta have them :shrug2: )
*** heres a full set on ebay 88-89 HONDA CRX SI HF DX IGNIOTION+DOOR+TRUNK LOCKS+KEY : eBay Motors (item 250561689217 end time Feb-09-10 20:45:06 PST)

thanks for the link - i'm hoping mikeybottles will sell me his lock set (if he still has it) - keep it local on HS, then branch out to Ebay.

sidenote: wishing i'd kept a lot of stuff i parted out off of my old/totaled Si, hehe. oh well, that's the game right there, isn't it? i had a great lock set. sold for $100. how cool would it have been to drop that into this rex and use the same key i used to turn when i was 16?

:rolleyes:

congrats on the find by the way...

here's a golden jew star for you

congrats on the great find dacheat.
im a little jealous, but, im pretty over hondas right now, but i would have jumped on that to flip.
make it a fun ass road car.

wait.. thats in tucson.. do you live down here too?

lol yeah, since december '08. ;)

update on my new crx - went to take it for a spin (alternator's in, it's running and sitting at the mechanic's):

• it sounds awesome
  • it runs great
  • it's got some balls
  • i'm in love with the suspension
  • i couldn't stop grinning
  • i need to pay the mechanic before i can take it home and really start digging into what's done to the car and what it still needs.

but my feeling after that very fast 5 mile "drive it like i stole it" spin is that this was definitely money well spent. still grinning.

:D

Last edited:
i feel you on the grin.. lol.. i remember when my buddy was too drunk to drive.. he had me drive across town to pick up his GF in his Type R .. without him.. lol.. bad move..

Back