Wtf Is This And What Problems Does It Cause!!! :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

90_EF_Hatch

Señor Member
ok so, maybe this is a noob question but woopdy fucking doo. There is a screw on top of my throttle body that i am assuming controls the air fuel mix (my car has had trouble starting up lately). I was messing around with my throttlebody just checking shit out when i noticed it was loose, so i screwed it back in.

I was just curious as to what exactly this little bugger is, and what kinda problems a loose one can cause :)

please and thank you!

(im about to post a picture of said screw as soon as tinypic loads)

d16z6 is my motor ...

2qs2a9f.jpg

again please and thankyou

hmm, or is it just an idle adjustment screw??? idk, i was messing with it and the tighter i screwed it in the lower my idle went. (which is good, my car has been idling ridiculously high and i got it down to about 1000 rpm)

aww poo :( i was hoping it would fix my problems with cold starts =/ oh well, ill figure it out eventually

Check your ground... My accord had a dirty connection and it made my car take a while to start in cold. It would turn over quick but for about 4 seconds before starting on chilly mornings untill i cleaned it up. :)

Check your ground... My accord had a dirty connection and it made my car take a while to start in cold. It would turn over quick but for about 4 seconds before starting on chilly mornings untill i cleaned it up. :)

the ground on my battery?!? yeah, i never had a problem with it until winter hit, and i have had the problem since =/ ... i also noticed that after it started my motor would like bog down, and if i pressed the gas it would almost stall before reving up ... idk, makes me think it might be fuel related ... but i will clean my battery terminals for sure

Back