Xmods...uhh mods

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

badass!

i was gunna go out and buy one but my "interpreter" (kristie) was out with her family (i have laryngitis, i can't hardly talk over a whisper) so i think i'll get one tomorrow, if i get off work..

I still say if Im going to buy one I would rather spend the extra bucks and buy an HPI Mini

my bad its a Micro not mini...

http://www.hpiracing.com/kits/micro/micro-m.htm

microchas1m.jpg

AWD? are then alot faster, also price and where can you buy them

lol slow?

you can buy them at any hobby shop

the fact that the RS4 has a ESC and full ball bearings VS the Xmod with bushings and a cheap manual speed controller

The entire Micro RS4 drivetrain rides on a set of ball bearings for efficiency and speed, and both ends of the car use gear differentials for great handling! The suspension uses scaled-down cantilever coil-over shocks for precise steering response and tuning ability. Steering is provided by a standard-size servo connected directly to the steering hubs. The rear axle is supported by a single shock, which can be tuned with optional springs. An impact-absorbing bumper protects the front suspension parts from race damage.

mic2t.jpg

p7070156.jpg

www.towerhobbies.com would Im guessing ATLEST 100 bucks the radio alone if bought by itself would run you around 60 for a cheap one

its in a leage of its own VS the radio crap cough shack stuff

if you want a fun little toy to dick around the radio shack car is the way to go but if you want a really nice R/C car you get what you pay for

its like buying a Team Losi or AE truck/buggy after you use the good stuff you can't go back to the Radioshack RCs

Xmods are a good idea and for basic playing around the house or racing your buddies they do the job but if you want to race on a REAL track VS other drivers the Mirco is the way to go

Im still happy sticking with my 10th and 8th scale cars Mmmm the sweet smell of nitro Mmmmmm

Went out and got an Xmod today. The 2000 Black Civic (no skyline or rsx in stock). Got every upgrade they had except the bearings (also not in stock), stage 1 engines and the foam tires. All I gotta say is where were these a few years ago....would have been A LOT cheaper than what I did to my accord! The funny thing is I got started installing everything tonight and when it was all said and done...I realized the damn thing looked almost identical to my real honda! Check it out:

s3ff14005f1b47.jpg

s3ff1402b53031.jpg

s3ff13ffbb23b6.jpg

s3ff1403961a92.jpg

the x mods are good for people that want do be able to upgrade but dont want a whole lot of hassle, the hpi one will be better over all cause its just designed better but if you wan ease of play with the ability to still upgrade lilttle stuff the x mods are where its at the other hpi one will requires alot more cleaning and takeing care of to keep nice but would be a better hobby the X mods are beyond toy but less then hobby

Back