yeah, i need some assistance with this one

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Smonkeyboy

k, sooo ive been ready to get out of my integra for a while as many of you know and get my ass in a RWD car (i.e. 240sx) and recently the car gods or FWD and RWD have been battinlg for my decision, and now im thinkin about getting another B13 SE-R. they handle like the ITR out of the factory, and this dudes B13 is absolutely what i would want to do, like EXACTLY.

i need some help in deciding.

B13 SE-Rs are already rare, and in the next 5years are gonna be near impossible to find.

Tell me this car isnt beautiful (full article here)

jims14.jpg

jims8.jpg

jims5.jpg

Kosei K-1s for the street (te-37s for track)
187hp SR20VE Neo VVL
Fastbrakes 11" 4-pot kit

so the question remains, B13 SE-R or 240sx????

it isnt beautiful

get ready to sit around and wait for the torque to come online

i havent seen the torque curve on the SR20VE, is it pretty bad?

i like the idea of 187 stock N/A hp. sounds ilke basiclally the "B18C" of honda

and it it georgous, its the best looking sentra ever, especially with the Tsuru headlighs. (that one doesnt have them)

adn if you didnt read the article, a guy with the same set up cut a 13.2 on street tires and 12.8 on slicks. thats fast for <200 crank hp in a 2300lb car.

hes not sellin it, thats just exactly what i would do if i was to get another se-r

if it runs 12's who gives a fuck what it looks like :p

cheap build up, ultimate sleeper. make some money off that bitch ;)

Damn. That SE-R is pretty nice! The SR20VE is a sweet engine.

yeah, ive been doin some research on the engine and its nicely different than vtec. the cams switch to the big lobes independently for a more linear powerband as opposed to vtec engaging both cams at the same time.

and you can pick up the motor for uder 2gs.but thats just the motor, im pretty sure it bolts to the stock se-r tranny, so you just need an ecu. and it looks like a really straightforward install.

Yeah, they make a turbo version too. SR20VET. They put em in EDM nissan xterra type things I think. Steve was telling me about them a long time ago. They're pretty cool motors.

Nissan is dumb. They put their motors in backwards.

:ph34r:

edit: And behind the wheel is....

jims15.jpg

Some old guy!

Hmm...that'd explain all the cool, expensive shit. Fuckin' middle aged bastards and their careers.

that's a nice car...kinda hard choice. which one means more to you right now?...fwd or rwd. all depends on what you wanna do

I wish that was the kind of choice I had to deal with. FWD pwns me

The SR20VET came in the Nissan Xtrail... supposedly it actually made 250 rwhp.... which isnt to bad for itself...

and the motor costing 2 grand?? you can seriously get the whole thing installed and running for 2 even... the torque part... basically the same feeling as a Vtec 2.0... dont get me wrong they are great motors... with simple bolt ons I have seen 190@wheels.... they are great little motors... if you have a little car... if you are going to try to be pushing a 2600 lbs car around with the motor you are going to significantly tell a difference.... but inside of a stripper Se-R... they SCREEEEEAM!

i think that car is great....i've raced a jamaican guy around town in one of those but its turbo charged....i beat him by 1 car when i had the pr3 pistons in the lsv.....i love those cars if i ever sell the crx i might build this car......nice

Back