your thoughts on ( Obama )

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yes but when his religious views will heavily dictate his political action, it becomes more of a consideration. Not necessarily the ultimate consideration, but more of one. There is a vast difference between not judging a friend or acquaintance based on religious views and not judging the leader of a nation. What if he was a satanist? Still ok with you? Still doesn't matter?
Hmm, funny, I'm pretty sure Bush said God told him to do things. So it's OK when it's God, just not Alla?

All politicians are corrupt ass, power hungry d-bags. Let's just fire them all from all their jobs and see how they like the unemployment line, welfare office, etc.

please dont interject the stoner and logic bullshit. there are plenty of stoners that are logical and do well in life.

Fair enough. That aside, you know I'm right about the skyscraper thing;)

Hmm, funny, I'm pretty sure Bush said God told him to do things. So it's OK when it's God, just not Alla?

You missed my point. Blanco had said that a political leader's religion is not important. I argue that it is of some importance as it will have an effect on their actions. I'm not saying what that effect could be because that is impossible to know. I'm just saying, it does matter, for better or for worse.

Satanism is the one and only modern and regularly practiced religion that does not teach love to man kind. As far as I'm concerned, Yahweh, Allah, and Krishna are all the same Supreme Personality of Godhead. Where did I get this crazy belief? The Hindu text Bhagavad-gita (the translation by His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada), which is 2,000 years older than the Old Testament and is what that text was largely based on...it's just tremendously more informational and lacks the hypocrisy.

Agreed. But each of these religions treats morality differently. They are not vast differences, but they are differences. Once again, my point was not that it is enough to keep someone out of office. Only that it may play a role in their decision making. Then again it may not.

I'm going to take offense to your ignorant and socially biased statements. Oddly enough, I got this analogy from my martials arts instructor, who's a public works engineer for CalTrans and doesn't smoke pot. Your building will always be as strong as its foundation. Always. As far as your ignorant statements about musicians. Trained musicians consistently score higher on tests, including logic, than non-musicians. My stoned IQ is also 131. I think you know where you can shove your prejudices and what you can eat. :)

If you will remember back to your drummer = intelligent thread, I recall being one of the ONLY people, arguing WITH YOU that musicians, especially drummers due to the complex nature of drumming, would and do have higher IQs. It was tongue in cheek. I figured you would remember that.:confused:

As far as the analogy, yes, a building will only be as strong as it's foundation, but you argued that we are trying to build it from the top down by "supporting the rich". If the rich are the top, then who is the bottom? I believe it is the middle class, but the physical bottom are the poor. The middle class are in the middle, and the poor are not the foundation of our economy. Therefore, we either build the foundation incorrectly by starting with the poor, who have very little purchasing power, or we start building in the middle, which makes great economic sense, but not so much in terms of constructing a skyscraper.

The building analogy is nice and makes you feel good until you recognize the absurdity of it. The economy is not a building. There are positive implications for middle class people as a result of the rich getting richer. Very few if any rich people store hordes of cash. It is invested in businesses where middle class people work.

At the same time, there are benefits for everyone as a result of supporting or aiding the middle and even the lower class. Call it trickle up. It is a two way street. And there are positive and negative events associated with every economic action.

The blatantly obvious point you failed to see is that the working class is the foundation of our society. I didn't, at any time, even imply that those on welfare and the unemployed were the foundation of society. You didn't just jump to a conclusion, you poll vaulted the conclusion gap.

Well, you said none of this. It may have seemed obvious to you because you were thinking it, but reading it, well, you never know when you are debating a liberal;)

You should look at the map of how California voted. You'll be surprised at just how "red" the state actually is. The county I live in is almost 3/4 republican, going off of the voting stats. You pay attention. I live here and currently own not one, but two businesses.

How many businesses have you actually owned? I've owned eight and the first one was when I had a door-to-door sales business at six years old. I'm pretty familiar with how business works, thanks. You know what my businesses see? Working class consumers who can no longer afford to spend their money with me. That's the same thing thousands of other small businesses are seeing. The vast majority of those businesses are owned by middle and/or working class Americans and they don't see $250k a year. Belts have tightened and very few non-necessities are being purchased. People who were once gainfully self employed are now working two or three jobs to make ends meet. How, by the logic of the terrified right, would more of this help anything improve?

First, owning a business does not necessarily mean that you know anything about business, other than how to maintain day to day operations and make a modest profit. This is the extent of most small business owners' knowledge. And that's fine. That's all they need.

Anyway, Bush already threw a bunch of cash at everyone. What more can government do? Prevent economic downturn entirely? That's a pipe dream. A capitalist economy is cyclical and far more powerful than any government entity. Success and prosperity comes and goes. Every 5, 10, 20 years someone is impoverished. My father is a land surveyor and was shit out of luck in the late 80's. he is SOL again because no one is building or buying homes. he has enough work to survive, but not enough to be prosperous. He understands that it is not Bush's fault or the tax system's fault. We spend a while in a recession, weed out the non-performers, and come back stronger. Does it sound like I'm terrified? I'm much less worried about all this than you seem to be.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over while expecting different results. Something has to change and maybe that means a little tightening of the designer belts for a short time. One less impromtu trip to Italy, maybe having to "settle" for the $150k sports car instead of the $250k sports car? Boo. Freaking. Hoo. Suck it up and do your part to improve America instead of only being concerned about your own situation. And no, I'm not saying that everyone should make the same amount of money. I'm not even implying that. I'm saying that the people who've gotten rich off of the working class should pay their fair share instead of continuing to get richer while everyone else continues to get poorer. That takes us back farther than 1929 to the time of robber barons. There were only two classes in America during those times, the rich and the poor. This is where the economy is currently headed, under Bush's tax plans.

Of course the rich get richer. That's the beauty of compound interest. Who doesn't get that? Rich get richer while the poor get poorer = the battle cry of those who don't understand financial BASICS...

As far as the wealthy paying their fair share, I believe you are about to demonstrate, within the next two paragraphs that the wealthy DO indeed pay their fair share. They have a capital gains tax and pay often more than 50% of their income in taxes. The poor and middle class, if they have kids and no investments, often pay 0% or receive MORE money! How much more fair can it be? Do you want the wealthy to pay 75% or 90% and give everyone under the poverty level a $30,000 gift?

Speaking of which, what happened to the labor force under Bush's watch? The fact that people such as yourself who take criticism of Bush personally (which just confounds me to no ends) don't see Bush's track record for destroying businesses is astounding. How can someone who's ruined every business he's ever ran possibly handle the nation's money? Seriously. The man sucks with money and he's been a huge factor in the current condition of the economy by consistently playing to the nation's top earners. Hell, California's current financial situation still harkens back to Enron...the CEO of which is one of G.W.'s close personal friends. Bush even stood up for the man in the face of overwhelming evidence that his company was one of a few that severely price gouged California energy. And you actually think this is all hate and fear mongering?

A capitalist economy is like an old growth forest. Sometimes it needs to burn in order to remain healthy and grow.

Since when is it the job of government to ensure that no one ever loses their job? Job loss and cyclical churning of the labor force is seen as a positive thing.

I don't know anything about Bush's personal business track record, but, considering that he doesn't operate within a vacuum and personally thought up very little to none of the legislation passed while he was in office, I'm not so sure that it matters. People forget that the president operates within the confines of a still very legitimate checks and balances system. It's not all his fault because it can't be.

And when did I say anything about fear or hate mongering? I hate those cliche terms. I would never use them...:huh:

Here's something I said on another forum. Someone grosses $1m/yr. and through all of the various taxes end up with 50% of that. Then they actually cry about only making $500,000. For the average person making around $20k/yr., being taxed like that would put them below the poverty line. That's what this is about. Giving the working class a little breathing room because quite honestly, wealthy people who shop like middle class people don't do anywhere near as much as people seem to think.

I'm glad I took the time to read all of this.

Here's something I said on another forum. Someone grosses $1m/yr. and through all of the various taxes end up with 50% of that. Then they actually cry about only making $500,000. For the average person making around $20k/yr., being taxed like that would put them below the poverty line. That's what this is about. Giving the working class a little breathing room because quite honestly, wealthy people who shop like middle class people don't do anywhere near as much as people seem to think. I'm glad I took the time to read all of this.
but here's the thing...

who makes 1 million a year? business owners mostly.
business owners hire people like you and i.

you tax them more, they then need to re-coup that 100k to keep their standard of living. (don't go on about how they don't have to.... because they WILL. YOU try taking a 10% pay cut and see how you like it!)
what do they do?

they either raise prices (hurting me and you) or fire 4 20k a year employees.

You are 100% correct. The same logic can and has been applied to minimum wage increases. You'd think someone that has owned so many successful businesses would understand that.

When i started it i didnt mean i wanted to see him die...

im jus sayin... well...
Steyr%20Hs.50%20Spiegel.jpg

Since all the stupid ones cant do it without getting caught.
I figure he's one smart redneck away from assassination.

Last edited:
but here's the thing...

who makes 1 million a year? business owners mostly.
business owners hire people like you and i.

you tax them more, they then need to re-coup that 100k to keep their standard of living. (don't go on about how they don't have to.... because they WILL. YOU try taking a 10% pay cut and see how you like it!)
what do they do?

they either raise prices (hurting me and you) or fire 4 20k a year employees.

Ah, but look at it this way. If a business generates a profit to enable the owner to make 1 million a year, to reduce his tax burden he should hire more workers , reinvest in capital equipment, make other business improvements so his company makes even more money the next year, and again need to hire more employee's, more capital, more improvements , etc......

so raising the tax bar actually generates an incentive to provide more jobs. more jobs , more middle class wealth to buy goods and services to help these businesses make more money, and the cycle continues.

first off, id like to admit im very suprised by this thread compared to others, its very intelligent, any who

I really dont agree with obamas views on gun control, we've already established that banning assault weapons wont work, just cause you cant buy them at a gun store, doesnt make them dissappear, it would be interesting to see if his pull for federally decriminalizing weed would pull through, i know mass already has that law so i dont really care much. Im more concerned about pulling our troops out of iraq and i hope that obama will pull through with what he said, ive personally fought over there and its not exactly a fun time. I dont think that theyll be able to pick him off, i think theres gonna be alot of attempts, but lets face it, we've already thought of it, the secret service is already planning ahead for it, those kids who were already gonna try were picked up before they could do shit, thats just my opinion though

He'll live to a ripe old age.

So will McCain. The guy everyone said "He'll die in office and then it's president Palin".

He's a converted muslim. Raised muslim and schooled muslim, he converted to christianity and attended a church of fame and remark lead by some fuck who loved to preach anti-white and anti-american sentiment. He's been on record several times calling for blacks to rise up and take back "what's theirs".

Barack Hussein Mohammed Obama is named after the horse that Mohammed rode into the sky in the Koran. His wife is an outspoken black panther supporter from the late 60s and 70s.

As Bill Clinton showed us, a vote for a democrat male is a vote for his wife. Michelle will also be given an office in the white house to work out of, and continue a slightly modified HillaryCare plan. That means we elected her to a position as well.

His Vice President running mate has also said some pretty bad stuff against the man who would soon be his boss. Saying that Barack had no experience, and wasn't yet fit to run the country. His tune changed when he learned his power and status would grow because of it.

Barack Obama holds a degree in law, and has passed the bar - but does not practice law at all. Instead he was a long time "community organizer" in the most classically (And still in the top 3) most publically corrupt city governments on US Soil. A community Organizer is one who arranges votes and turn-outs at major functions and rallys. During his occupation of Community Organizer of Chicago, it was uncovered that his office was offering free cigarettes to black voters in exchange for a promised democrat vote. It may or may not have been him that actually did it.

From there he was voted as a Senator, representing the people of Chicago in the senate. During his time he had cast a far-left vote 3 times, and voted "Present" at every other vote during his 6 month session. In his 6th month he abandoned his post to run for President. He has 6 months policy making experience, and decided to run for president.

This is like getting a job behind the counter at BK and then applying for position of president of McDonald's corp 6 months later. What's worse, is that it worked.

Before running for president he published his book - a self-serving piece that gave us insight into his mind. His ideas are soft and agreeable: help darfour, end poverty, end hunger, world peace. In his book he went into details of his past - of his upbringing and interracial heritage, and how his father still lives in a village in Kenya.

He also mentioned that the most beautiful sound he has ever heard is the sound of Muslim prayer, and how if challenged - he would gladly side with Islam.

It turns out his father and half-brother are still in kenya. They live in sheds. The final month of his campaign his record-breaking fund raising left millions in the coiffures of his group. His dad and half-brother still live in sheds.

During his campaign, he sold his first private jet because it was too small. He purchased a used jumbo jet on campaign donations. This jet happened to already have a stylized US flag on the tail. That graphic was removed in favor of Barack's corporate logo. No US Flag flies on the fusilage of his jumbo jet.

His campaign broke records in fundraising - and it is interesting to note, in my observation, how Barack never once actually mentioned what he was going to do if elected. Promising "Hope" and "Change" he won the hearts of minds of voters in the black demographic (A specialty of his) and the female demographic (Who, like Kennedy, won their votes because he was found to be attractive).

As a brief side-note - McCain was given no coverage during his campaign. He was ridiculed, as was his professional and experienced vice presidential pick . I find it embarassing how I can hear the same sheeple piss and moan that McCain was too old, leaving a young woman in charge should he (inevitably) die, and then in the same sentence mention how Barack will be assasinated, leaving Joe Biden in charge.

The first thing these two will do, armed with a democrat controlled congress, is to outlaw firearms completely. This will be the start of the revolution. I've been wrong before though - but luckily their tactic is not "boiling frog" like it was before. They are all about taking guns out of the hands of anyone.

Oh, also Barack Obama's super-delegate votes. The Super delegates were established by the Democrat party to prevent the outcome of '68, when a candidate so leftist to make Lenin blush was voted to represent the party . Superdelegates were instituted to give the democrats a more "lovable" figure to run for presidency. The superdelegates were put in place to prevent Barack Obama from running for office.

Hillary Clinton, in a rage, was forced to back down from the race - but in keeping her superdelegates (She didn't relinquish them until placed under duress during the DNC) wanted to prevent his election. It was for this reason that even Ann Coulter had encouraged on-the-fence republicans to vote for Hillary. If Obama is assasinated - Hillary's finger will pull the trigger.

The behavior, policy and plans of modern democrats are laughable, at best - sinister and disastrous at worst. We got the latter this time around.

And no, I'm not going to sit here and paste up a bunch of links to popular news sites and horseshit I used to do for you fuckers. I've done it all before and with or without links you pigfuckers just read my shit and call me paranoid. So I'm not bothering anymore.

Fuck you.

(Obviously, those who read this and agree with me aren't included in the "Fuck you". Just the 95% of liberal cunts here at HS are)

agreed.

He's claimed alot of shit, well see how much of its true, sort of like change he's now saying for the change to take place he'll need a second term, i think the change that will happen wont be good

agreed.

Who knows, beside if things go too out of hand you will speak out and it will stop. I think Obama deserves a chance to atleast prove what he has promised. Its just nice to see something different than the average joe white man running the show. I can also say the same for my country, i dont know why Harper was voted again buts its probably like the second Bush re-elect, a mistake.

BTW thanks Cel for the info, its interesting and well put together, with both pros and cons.

and were not going to have a choice, were going to have to give him a chance.
but i believe he deserves one too, everyone does until they fuck it up.

i just hope im wrong in saying that this was probably a huge mistake for america.

Obama wants to pull us out of Iraq so we can move them to Afganistan. Our troops are not going to get to come home. And when we do pull out, all the sacrifices they have made in Iraq are going to be for nothing. As for Obama banning guns, he will probably get away with the AWB but he is going to have to get a little creative when it comes to rifles and handguns. The way they will go about it is opening up manufactures to "wrongful death" suites, banning lead bullets, classifying blackpowder and primers as hazerdous materials, requiring micro stamping (a technology that is no where close to being feasible), and spot checks to make sure we are all complying with the "Public Heath and Saftey Protection Act of 2009". People seem to think that "reasonable" gun laws are in fact reasonable. You couple all of the things I have listed up above together and you have effectivly banned all guns.

And for those of you predicting Obama getting assasinated I would be very carefull. A couple of people have already been picked up by the Secret Service for off hand remarks about such things. Plus I do not think B would appreciate having to hand over logs to the Feds.

Obama wants to pull us out of Iraq so we can move them to Afganistan. Our troops are not going to get to come home. And when we do pull out, all the sacrifices they have made in Iraq are going to be for nothing..

exactly.
all anyone seems to fucking care about is getting the troops out of iraq, but they know exactly what they are doing over there, as far as i can see, they dont want to leave.

they knew what they were signing up for, and at least those paychecks arent just going to a bunch of mofos sittin on a couch watching movies waitin for something to happen.
(i called my friend whos posted in austin last week and thats what he said hed been doing on duty all day..)

Obama wants to pull us out of Iraq so we can move them to Afganistan. Our troops are not going to get to come home. And when we do pull out, all the sacrifices they have made in Iraq are going to be for nothing.

When my best friend gets out this spring, maybe I can get my hands on some of the footage, pictures, and first person stories of what's going on in iraq.

exactly.
all anyone seems to fucking care about is getting the troops out of iraq, but they know exactly what they are doing over there, as far as i can see, they dont want to leave.

Id watch what you say on that one, i wanted home about 2 weeks being there, something about having a purple heart and only being 20 isnt a fun concept

Back