YouTube is killing my internets/gaming

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wtf?

maybe you should spend some quality time with the wife at night instead of gaming/doing separate things.... i dunno

Coming from the unmarried guy. Together time is cool and all, but forced together time is not cool. My wife and I eat dinner while watching Dr Who every night and then do our own thing till bed. Its the only way to stay sane.

B makes a good point actually!

throw a 3 year old into the mix, and you eventually find yourself scheduling time to do things together.

you might need to upgrade your connection speed. probably cost a little more, but would be worth it. I would also hard wire your xbox and ps3 into your modem rather than router. i have MUCH higher download speeds when i'm hard wired.

Yup. I'm on an 18Mbit link- no slowdowns even if Netflix is streaming HD.

throw a 3 year old into the mix, and you eventually find yourself scheduling time to do things together.

Yup, happens.

this is why i got snipped. fuck babies. not throwing my life away like that.

Please don't fuck babies. :D

i tried to get snipped when i was 18 but the docs refused to do it
13 years later and still no trophies

i will admit, at 23 married with no kids it was difficult to find a doctor that would do it.

its not till you hit your 30's that you start getting deep down to the kids vs no kids shit
as everyone around you slowly starts collecting trophies of their own

well here is to hoping some of us breed so we have some chance of resisting the Career Welfare Hord.

so back to the resolution on this
i did the QoS and moved xbox to highest and laptop to normal, still was glitchy
moved laptop to lowest and xbox seems to be performing well, and the ole lady has not noticed any issues with the laptop so i think its a win win
still get laggy sometimes but not nearly as bad

when all else fails.... there is always the cunt punch

CP.jpg

im just sayin

so back to the resolution on this
i did the QoS and moved xbox to highest and laptop to normal, still was glitchy
moved laptop to lowest and xbox seems to be performing well, and the ole lady has not noticed any issues with the laptop so i think its a win win
still get laggy sometimes but not nearly as bad

:thumbsup:

So do you mostly do Xbox now or do you ever play on PS3 still? I pwn even more now that I got faster internetz, lol...

mainly depends on what box i have my hdmi cable plugged into as i didn't get another one yet

my cousin has the xbox and we play that when he comes over or else he flashbangs himself everytime he goes to shoot.

Yeah, I do that when I play with my brother on Xbox too, lol...

so back to this topic
i believe the QOS is still all in place as it should be
but the better i get at the game the more i notice the lag
i will go from 10-0 to 11-30 if she starts playing a video
jumpy and shittastic

i might need to upgrade my internets.
1.5 and .125up isnt cutting it anymore
fucking cable
maybe verizon is betters?

• FiOS Internet 15/5 Mbps
  • FiOS TV Prime HD
79.99 for first year, then 89 for second year.
i think i'm at 89 with TWC, comes to like 93 a month for just tv and internet

man that sucks. my friend has comcast and he has like 10MB/3MB, but lags out all the time when it reaches peak hrs around 7-9pm M-F. also, his speeds fluctuates wildly up to 15MB down to like 5 or 6MB.

where as i have only 3MB/.756MB DSL and I consistently get my full speed. but thats only a matter a time before they over sell DSL and crowd their servers.

hopefully FiOS works better for you. its been consistently #1 in CS satisfaction for several years now and doing a quick wiki, its only 32 subscribers per terminal, so it should be more stable like DSL.

anyway good luck.

Back