Yus rly. There is water on the Moon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The excitement over finding potentially significant amounts of water centers on water's value as a resource for explorers – either to drink or to split in to oxygen and hydrogen for rocket fuel. It's also revolutionizing humanity's understanding of its familiar neighbor – shifting the picture from a geophysically dead object to one that is "very complicated, very dynamic, and very fun to study," says Dr. Colaprete. "It's not just about water anymore."

The data also harbor tantalizing evidence of what appear to be carbon-based compounds in the ejected material. These may include carbon dioxide, methane, ethanol, and other organics. While the team hasn't had time to sort through those data yet, the researchers say the chemical fingerprints their spectrometers picked up look strikingly like those from ancient, icy bodies in the outer solar system.

WAIT A SECOND!! Methane, Ethanol, other Organics!!! This means...
Hell Yes!

Wouldn't that mean that at one time there was vegetation? That is probably implied but I wanted to clear it up

Well, if it is possible then a lot of religious groups will be shaken. It would be crazy cool if it were possible for a human to actually live on the moon. I was just exited of the fact there could be more fuel found there seeing the crisis for it here on earth it would be like finding gold.

People used to live on the moon. They used up the oil, shit all over, toasted the ozone layer and buried waste and polluted until there was pretty much nothing left. Then they had a gigantic nuclear battle and destroyed each other..

A couple of survivors gathered what was left of the supplies, jacked a space craft, and flew to earth, because it was green and fresh! No way could humanity fuck up this world, its way bigger than the place they came from! They buried the craft and shunned all technology and lived on the land! This would be a great new start!

Their names were adam and eve... :ph34r:

I know right? Maybe the next time we fly to another world we will learn from our mistakes... meh, probably not.

Someone mentioned finding oil on the moon...that sounds nice until you realize that moon gas will cost $734 per gallon because of the cost of extraction and transportation...

Someone mentioned finding oil on the moon...that sounds nice until you realize that moon gas will cost $734 per gallon because of the cost of extraction and transportation...
It would be nice for using it while you're there, nevermind the fact that you'd have no oxygen to burn it with.

We need some sort of transportation device other than satellites and e-mail attachments. That way, we could teleport the oil instead of stealing it from
*elsewhere*

Scientists have been working on just that for quite some time. Small steps.

I want a space elevator damn it.

But really, if I had the chance to go into space but I would die on the way back I would do it. No questions asked sign me up. There is nothing in this world that I want more than to visit space and experince real zero g.

I want a space elevator damn it.

But really, if I had the chance to go into space but I would die on the way back I would do it. No questions asked sign me up. There is nothing in this world that I want more than to visit space and experince real zero g.

Try scuba diving, it's probably the closest you can get to zero g practically. Maybe base jumping...

Ultra high altituted sky diving would be badass too. Free falling for a couple of minutes would be amazing.

But still, if I could do anything but had to off myself right afterwards it would be to go into space. And it isnt just the zero g that is appealing. I really think it would change your life in some way.

I really think it would change your life in some way.
Yeah, the radiation might shorten it.

Something tells me it's like any extremely exciting event (sex, skydiving, bungee jumping, shopping cart luge). It's a tremendous, sometimes traumatic, life changing event the first time, which successively loses significance with each repetition.

You are probably correct, our great grand kids will find this thread while sitting in class on fucking Mars and call all of us crazy old kooks.

But you know what you future kids sitting in your classroom on Mars. Eat a dick. I hope Marvin the Martian gets ahold of you and makes you his bitch.

Ultra high altituted sky diving would be badass too. Free falling for a couple of minutes would be amazing.

But still, if I could do anything but had to off myself right afterwards it would be to go into space. And it isnt just the zero g that is appealing. I really think it would change your life in some way.

Sky diving is nothing like you would think. You are laying on a cushion of air that supports your full weight. It is very controlled. Quite calm. A little boring to be honest.

Yeah, the radiation might shorten it.

Something tells me it's like any extremely exciting event (sex, skydiving, bungee jumping, shopping cart luge). It's a tremendous, sometimes traumatic, life changing event the first time, which successively loses significance with each repetition.

After jumping out of an airplane at 12000 ft, The only thought that was going through my head was.. "well.. that sucked." Not that it really sucked, but I wanted the full out adrenaline-rush-balls-out-screaming-freaking-the-fuck-out-life-flahing-before-my-eyes-on-the-edge-of-losing-consciousness-holy-fucking-shit!! all the way to the ground kind of thing.. What I got was some peaceful hippy shit.. Too calm and controlled. I left a little sad, wondering what the hell is next? If that wasn't the thrill I was looking for, what is??

Last edited:
Back