ZC runnin rich?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CompFX

I did a zc swap into my 91 rex si.. Got it runnin (no problem there).. Its runnin real rich (big problem gettin lightheaded at redlights).. Found a vacuum leak (fixed that problem).. Now its really bad inside the car(get lightheaded drivin) my question is after the swap i had the vacuum leak, Did the ecu set the air/fuel mix with the vacuum leak making it heavy on the fuel? If so how do i fix it (reprogram the ecu w/o a vacuum leak)..

Humor me im feelin a little retarded right now still buzzed from the drive home...

Its a common thing with zc's appartently...is it throwing any codes? Mine was running real rich until I fixed the tps sensor, I fixed that and it still runs slightly rich. It has a pm7 ecu made for the motor too.

Loading up? meaning the idle is high? When mine is cold it starts up around 2000rpm and then when it warms up it drops to around 1000rpm.

Loading up=to much fuel not enough air.. My idle stays around 900(after it warms up) but when i stop or when it winds down from a high rev it stumbles a little (loads up with fuel) sputters then idles fine but still rich..

Ya replaced 0/2 , plugs , cap , wires using si intake ,injectors and dizzy..CAI,Header,high flow cat,aftermarket catback..

Dunno, mine still runs a little rich but not as bad as before. Before you could smell the fuel, now I can't. I'm running stock zc, stock intake, stock zc manifold, downpipe, bored out cat, new si exauhst front to back, new plugs, new o2 sensor, new tps sensor, pm7 ecu, new cap/rotor. I like the stock look of the car, thats why I bought it, so I am trying to keep everything the same. Basically I am just rebuilding it.

Koo not anything wrong with the stock look..Mine is all stock exterior stock height stock wheels,been wrecked and fixed so right now it is multi colored.. I like it that way almost a sleeper look except the melon shooter hangin out the back of it...

I ended up repainting mine, paints expensive....until you get a quote from a body shop.

Back