1/4 times on your d-series

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

racecarl

hey, i was just wondering what some of you have worked out of your d-series motors and what kind of 1/4 mile times you were able to put down. i want to build my d block a little but i want to see some results first.

D16z6 in an EG coupe - Aem CAI, DC 4-1 header, DC Cat back, unknown high flow cat, unknown injectors, AEM cam gear, SI tranny, centerforce Dual-friction clutch, semi-gutted, DC short shifter, "Spoon chiped" ECU, 17" wheels = @ 15 flat. :woo:

D16Y7 98 CPE. Chikara Header, AEM Intake, no cat, Edelbrock 50-shot nitrous, yokohama avid H4 tires, AutoZone Clutch LOL. = 14.91

I am also (this is what everyone tells me) a very good racer. 20% car 80% driver.

96 y8 coupe. greddy 15g kit. stock exhuast, stock cat, no intercooler, stock suspension, stock rims/wheels, stock boost, no other mods whatsoever.

~15.00 flat.

for a 50 shot and only running 15 flat? that doesnt mean ur a good driver at ALL, same with u tony. a boosted D running 15 flat's? ewww. i have a friend with a gutted eg with the d16z6, I/H/E and cam gears 13 lb flywheel and act clutch running a ZEX 55 shot and slicks.

With Nitrous= 13.88
Without Nitrous = 14.77

Originally posted by SleEPeR_CRX@Sep 28 2003, 06:36 PM
for a 50 shot and only running 15 flat? that doesnt mean ur a good driver at ALL, same with u tony. a boosted D running 15 flat's? ewww. i have a friend with a gutted eg with the d16z6, I/H/E and cam gears 13 lb flywheel and act clutch running a ZEX 55 shot and slicks.

With Nitrous= 13.88
Without Nitrous = 14.77

first off my car is STOCK with the exception of the little snail blowing 5.5 psi into my engine. The ek coupe runs a 16.89 or some ridiculous number like that STOCK. so to get down about 2 seconds with minimal work....15's are just about right.

my is STOCK. stock interior, no gutting, stock EVERYTHING.

im sure if i gutted my shit, added my fmic, vafc hack, put on some REAL tires and rims (not my stock ones) and turned the boost up to 10psi, i could hit high 13's no problem.

fact of the matter is, im in no hurry to get there any time soon, so im taking my time, saving up and most likely before the end of this year i will be high 13's. :D

deja vu reading this page. weird ass.

anyways, yea tony doesn't even have exhaust, so it can be expected his car is still slow.

sry, i thought u at least had some work done, id like to see what the little D can get once u turn up the heat. theres a d16a6 Civic Si( 1991) with a 8psi turbo running 13.8 here, its sweet:) drops tranny's every other week tho:(

ill get there. i just really do NOT want to put an exhaust on my car. i want it to look completely stock. this is so in the eventuality that i DO run someone...it will rub it in that much more that a "stock" civic owned their ass.

im most likely going to get THIS weld on some piping and route the open end of the cut-out to a secondary aftermarket exhaust hidden under my bumper (not sure if it will fit, havent checked yet)

Had a y7 in my 96 lx, did 16.3 w/:

Gude TB, 4-1 header, clutchmasters stage 1 clutch and 8 lb flywheel, CAI, z6 tranny, and little other stuff.

Slow but good for a 4dr.

Originally posted by sohcslammer@Sep 28 2003, 04:16 PM
D16z6 in an EG coupe - Aem CAI, DC 4-1 header, DC Cat back, unknown high flow cat, unknown injectors, AEM cam gear, SI tranny, centerforce Dual-friction clutch, semi-gutted, DC short shifter, "Spoon chiped" ECU, 17" wheels = @ 15 flat. :woo:

not bad SOHC.. B)

Originally posted by JrSiRb16A+Sep 28 2003, 09:12 PM-->
sohcslammer
@Sep 28 2003, 04:16 PM

not bad SOHC.. B)

You should see the NEW coupe.... Low 13s easy.... Just need a damn Hondata... :D

ok time for some incredibly low numbers.

92 civic hatch dx, stock, but recent tune up. 16.9.
only the back seat removed, all season radials.

now autocross, thats a different story.

Back