1.75 years later....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
So, I have been REAL lazy about this, but I finally got my B16A throttle cable in the mail, and got it swapped out, and what a difference it makes....

Old one...

s406c2ce299d06.jpg

Yes, that's a D series zip tied, look at the slack at the wheel :(

And the new and improved B TC...

s406c2d38a1233.jpg

Nice and tight at the wheel, set right no slack, and not too tight.

And that leads to this...

s406c2db39010a.jpg

Previously the highest throttle I could get was 77.1%, now it's at 100% Wooowoooooooooo

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Apr 1 2004, 04:43 PM
What took 1.75 years? To get the part?

No, for me to order it, actually I traded it for the original center console from my Civic. Buddy has the hook up at Honda :)

lmao you schmuck. i posted that huge dyno thread for nothing cuz you had the wrong damn throttle cable. lmao

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 1 2004, 04:50 PM
lmao you schmuck. i posted that huge dyno thread for nothing cuz you had the wrong damn throttle cable. lmao

:p

hahaha, yea, I know, now I gotta go back and get a real reading.

But the even though I may not be hitting full power, the difference between the two should be relative to each other.

you are so lazy and cheap!!!! cables are $12 from a junk yard. im sure there not much more from the dealership! why would you zip-tie the cable and not buy one in the first place???

Originally posted by 90crxb18@Apr 1 2004, 05:45 PM
you are so lazy and cheap!!!! cables are $12 from a junk yard. im sure there not much more from the dealership! why would you zip-tie the cable and not buy one in the first place???

Well, because VTi's aren't exactly a dime a dozen in the yards, and being in Europe the euro is much stronger than the dollar, so they are about $25-30USD new. Also, like I said, I am lazy and just put it off.

And yes, I am cheap :)

For those that PM'ed me, and anyone else wondering...

Honda part number 17910-ST7-R01

Not sure if it is from the 99-00 Si, or the 93-97 Sol vtec, but I tihnk they are hte same anyway.

And yes, it made a 101% difference in throttle response.

Don't zip tie you throttle cable.

Back