12" of snow....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
no, not the famous "Informer" CD.....

lol

TODAY!

I almost died.

I live on a big ass hill.... "South Mountain" is the technical name of the area I live on top of.

and its all down hill to get to town on side streets (read: not plowed).

so i get down most of the hill no problem.

then, its a left hander to a downhill tight S-curve.

10mph in the 4wd s10... i figure not a big deal right?

oh shit, ABS starts kicking on....
theres a truck coming up the s curves...
i'm plowing hard heading right towards the edge of the road.... oh fuck...
let off, brake a little less, let off completely, give it gas,.... nothing... i'm plowing.... all seasons suck ass crack.

initial plan was to spin my self out kinda... 1/2 facing uphill and use the 4wd to pull myself out of the snow bank that i was heading straight for.... but with the oncoming truck, that foiled that plan.

when my right front tire came upon the thicker stuff near the snow bank, the lesser traveled area... it cought.... and finally i straightened out and made the corner safely.

very nerve racking.... esp cuz it's my dad's truck. there's nothing worse than having to make a phone call to your old man telling him that you racked up his truck that he was so kind to have lended you while your car went through a frame-off restoration :cry:

such is life.

i get here to work...

phone rings.

co-worker is in a wreck, but ok.

1/2 the people aren't here yet....

what a shitty day...

there's like a tiny film of ice underneath the snow... because it was raining before it started to snow last night.

and the worse part is, i gotta go back up the hill later in the day.
and we're supposed to get like 4-6 more inches ontop of this foot.

and its heavy.
wet snow. crap.

We didn't get 12inches, atleast I don't think we did, but we got a good deal. It was break your back snow that was heavy as hell and it was quadrupled on my sidewalk since the plow guy decided to put it up on my back side sidewalk.

Its slush and it loves grabbing a hold of a tire and trying to jerk it the other way. The ABS on the WRX started kicking and freaking today as I came down a sharp turn and a hill out of my neighborhood and sliding down towards the main road. Man do all seasons, especially RE092 Goodyears such ass. I don't think I'll buy a good year tire in my life, unless its a select model that is actually proven and true.

good years blow. well, wait, no-- that's firestone's. but same shit, different american useless product garbage...

and yeah, we got the heavy crap too....

good for snowball fights though :p

I'm at work, we got maybe 2 inches of slushy shit. It's still snowing, so who knows. I wanna get out of here for a Code white.

that almost sucked huh?

we got about 6 inches here. its all ice underneath. the as430s are yummy in the snow :)

I actually went into work today instead of working from home only because I have to prepare a major presentation for our annual trade show. I've been off for two weeks so I felt guilty if I was to "work from home."

No one is hear and I'm leaving early.

haha.

I'm only a few miles south of you and I've got only about an inch of slush in my driveway

wow. yeah, there's a good foot on my deck this morning... probably 4 on the roads... main roads are slushy mess.

its maybe 8" here at work, at the bottom of the mountain i live on...

it was raining last night when i came home form bills condo....
i had 3/4" of snow at my place.

I lickey boom boom down

You ass. I know you said "Not Informer" but since you mentioned it the song has been stuck in my head.

That actually surprises me. I'm known to spontaneously bust out the "Lucas with the Lid off" single from Lucas.

dammit I need to get out of here ! I look outside and it's coming down real hard, it's gonna freeze up and I can't wait for a code white !!

<beavis> AAAAAAAA </beavis>

no way dude. you play that shit, and hot bitches come out of the wood work to get down to shit they grew up with.

its all about old skool.

skee lo, informer, dj jazzy jeff.... thats where it's at y0

then how come you only get hit on by ugly chicks :)

"i wish i was a balla" [wilson]i dont think so tim.[/wilson]

y'all try driving a lowered 2wd pickup in the snow. not fun at all. i had to drive my truck about a month ago home with about 12" of snow on the ground after work one night. you could see where my transmission x-member, gas tank and suspension was dragging through the snow. hell it took me 30 minutes just to get out of the parking lot where i work at...

trucks are worthless...
4wd is great and all.... but in the end, i'd rather be in a civic, or even better yet, in my suby. that thing rocks in the snow. but, it doesn't have doors, glass, or body panels on it right now :cry:

Back