120 MPG.......?!?!?!?! Wow...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Airjockie@Jun 1 2005, 03:26 AM
Cryo yur engines=better gas milage....

Its worth a try...and hell...my D15A3 cast pistons could be as strong as forged pistons...hehe

More boost possible.....?!?!?!
[post=506017]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i can understand the engine and parts lasting longer....but where does it explain that CRYO-TREATING your engine gives better gas mileage....

Originally posted by corvetteguy+Jun 1 2005, 06:59 AM-->
Airjockie
@Jun 1 2005, 03:26 AM
Cryo yur engines=better gas milage....

Its worth a try...and hell...my D15A3 cast pistons could be as strong as forged pistons...hehe

More boost possible.....?!?!?!
[post=506017]Quoted post[/post]​

ok i can understand the engine and parts lasting longer....but where does it explain that CRYO-TREATING your engine gives better gas mileage....
[post=506032]Quoted post[/post]​

that's what i was wondering.

the only thing that I can think of is because the internals are alot stronger, he can run his car EXTREMLY lean thus saving gas.

Cryo engine treatments have been around for more than 12 years now. And when you do the freeze, it will do just what the article says. Armed with that you can understand how cylinder walls, pistons and valves won't stretch (as much, if at all) anymore, tolerances remain tight and like Asmall said - capable of running really lean conditions or even some alternative fuels (Like water injection on a gas engine... it can happen if the seals are good)

Rotary guys like cryo treating - The size of the motor allows it to be cheaper to actually perform, and at the same time the apex (Not seals, but the apex) doesn't stretch so far in high RPMs.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 1 2005, 10:17 AM
Why him specifically? There's more than a few places that do it.

http://www.onecryo.com/

This one's not too far north from me, either...
[post=506081]Quoted post[/post]​

wow, its only $550 for them to treat the engine and transmission. I wonder if that price includes taking it apart and putting it back together again.

edit: nm, it has to be sent already dissassembled. still, not a bad price.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jun 1 2005, 07:01 AM
the only thing that I can think of is because the internals are alot stronger, he can run his car EXTREMLY lean thus saving gas.
[post=506041]Quoted post[/post]​

That's the only way. Just treating your parts and throwing them back in isn't going to change your gas mileage one bit.

Back