15"s This, 17"s That...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Mar 12 2003, 09:21 PM-->
creepinRex
@Mar 12 2003, 08:54 PM
thats exactly what i was talking about... (the hidden urban legend)... usually 16's arent mentioned in aftermarket wheels, so why would the tires? but too Liquid00meth, I live in PA, and everyone around here only worries about their mistsu's with 18" dubs (< if they even make those?) :puke:

Dubs means 2.. thus 20" rims.. double dubs is 22" rims.

18's are not dubs. :)

shit. i always wondered what the hell 'dub' meant. :p last weekend, someone stole 5 cadillac escalades from a dealership here in socal. they somehow bypassed the security systems on all of them and even stole 2 just to make an escape route out of the dealership. they all had the most expensive momo wheels sets on them retailing for about $10,000 a set!! yesterday, the cops found 4 of the vehicles in other cities with the wheels replaced by crappy "roll aways" and the vehicles werent even scratched! the cops dont know how they got in and drove them off. no suspects yet either.

:huh:

How do you steal over a quarter million dollars worth of cars and not have anyone know about it? Sorry, life isn't exactly like Gone In Sixty Seconds

Double Deuces...22" rims baby...that's what I've heard them called. But I'm waiting to put my 16" rims on my car, very light weight (in comparison to the 17" rims on my old civic hatch) and still big enough for some good style. 16's rock.

i like the 16"s too... but everyone keeps on saying the slipstreams are played out. So whats another decent 16" "light" wheel that is close in $ comparison with the rota's. goin for style and performance.

Well my 2 cents: I more in favor of 15's or 16's. 17s make the car sit way to high off the ground. I have had all three on my crx and i would never put 17's on my car. I like 15's but thats me

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Mar 13 2003, 07:52 AM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Mar 12 2003, 09:21 PM
creepinRex
@Mar 12 2003, 08:54 PM
thats exactly what i was talking about... (the hidden urban legend)... usually 16's arent mentioned in aftermarket wheels, so why would the tires? but too Liquid00meth, I live in PA, and everyone around here only worries about their mistsu's with 18" dubs (< if they even make those?) :puke:

Dubs means 2.. thus 20" rims.. double dubs is 22" rims.

18's are not dubs. :)

shit. i always wondered what the hell 'dub' meant. :p last weekend, someone stole 5 cadillac escalades from a dealership here in socal. they somehow bypassed the security systems on all of them and even stole 2 just to make an escape route out of the dealership. they all had the most expensive momo wheels sets on them retailing for about $10,000 a set!! yesterday, the cops found 4 of the vehicles in other cities with the wheels replaced by crappy "roll aways" and the vehicles werent even scratched! the cops dont know how they got in and drove them off. no suspects yet either.

Yea.. 10k for rims isn't much now-a-days though. :) You are in socal and seem to like show cars/trucks. Mini-truckn and truckn events have venders that carry 6-8k a RIM rims.

That story is crazy!

Back