1980 2nd gen civic b16 swap

how do you like the bigger cvcc motor?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im sure woodburn is getting shit from the domestic as well lol it was crap i should ask about all the cars interview for domestic and see what they thought about the pinks all out ? NOTE the one that won with out a clue....

I'm sorry, but I really have trouble reading any of your posts.

It sounds like you had a good time there though.

To let "ya'll" know - this is the wife.
The reason for being so pist off and fecious at this specific topic is for 2 main reasons for those who apparently don't comprehend anything that is read.
1. The amount of money that we have poured into this car - which just happens to be over $11,000 is 1 1/2 years - just to have something different than anyone else ( like having a neon yellow car that stands out) and not to mention the time spent on the fabrication
2. The morons that are "IMPORT HATERS"

If you have ever been to PINKS or PINKS ALL OUT - you will know EXACTLY where I am coming from. You - Yourself would be pist off if you had spent over $200 for your family to watch the races and not to mention the fact of having to pay someone to look at your car and see that it's an import and to come up with a reason to fail the inspection for only fact of IT'S AN IMPORT - but yet let domestics that lack the same "issues" run all the way through the so called "show' - which did we mention that Woodburn, OR was not good enough to have it even filmed !?
When listening to Rich speak at this event he wanted to "bring back an american past time" which everyone around us gathered the same information of he is ONLY speaking of domestics. If he could find a reason to get the imports out of the races - he did. He said that on the way here (being Woodburn, OR) he came up with something new to try. "floating time dial" which you could not run any faster than that time given to you but wait theres more - you still have to beat the other car. But did not have anything to do with the time you had dialed your car in with.
If you have ever took the time to read NHRA's website and their specifications on DRAG RACING - it is 2 cars that compete to see who is the fastest - meaning you race another person if you make to the end of the quarter mile first - you win; run what you brung - dial in your ET's - WOW what a concept - isn't that the way drag racing has always been ?
I think I can say I speak for everyone when I say that Rich needs to go back to Iowa with his floating time dials becasue that is NOT a true drag race. I'm sure that any of the imports would have been able to participate in the finals if were listed as " 1980 Honda cvcc with a bulit 350 and power glide tranny or 1992 Honda civic imbread with built 390 with a rockcrush trans"
Come on now - change is good and inevitable. If we don't want drag racing to die - lets see some uniqueness in our cars. Everyone and their mom has either a ford or chevy - not saying there is anything wrong with them but you see almost every chevy and ford with the same performance parts.
So for everyone that is asking " why is he having his wife reply to this post?" I'm not just some "sugar mama" or some dumb stupid bitch that opens the check book and forks out the cash. I know more than what anyone could imagine for the CVCC that was built in our garage - half of the shit that is on that car - came from my ideas to build a fast cvcc. Not only has my husband gotten down and dirty with the car but so have I.
So for those who ASSUME - you can continue to make an ass out of yourself. Now I hope that putting this in layman's terms has helped you understand - if not there is no hope for you and you should not even been on hondaswap.
To Klyph - DON'T ever give up
To Andrew - Keep going don't stop - you have something good going on

I hate those events.

There are a few events here that I was thrown out of, because my car isn't a German car. I feel your pain. It's so stupid.

Likewise, thanks for the comment.

My brother-n-law went to Pinks All Out a couple months back here in Gainseville Florida.

100_1291.jpg

More pics
Honda-Tech.com: Acura Integra: aMac's 94 GSR build thread: Project "Aeris" Lots of DIY's and pics!

And I agree that some of the systems they use are fickle. They were of course running a domestic truck, so they got in right away. But I couldn't imagine how pissed off you guys were when you were 'discriminated' against being a Import. Especially with all of the travel expenses and stuff.

I hope it all works out for you guys. And if you want to part with that turbo setup....... :)

im finally doing the accord 80 cvcc spindles and 84 accord hubs for 4 x4100 bolt and axles for the accord to upgrade size disk,calipers,axles it should be better i have the front all off now ill do pics of the swap for the cvcc guys to upgrade the 80-83 hubs and exe...and i tucked up some wires and the fusebox on trans side to get into the motor better looks great..

call drive shaft shop and get some good axles made for that thing Frank will make them with for what ever hubs you want and what ever length you might need also

call drive shaft shop and get some good axles made for that thing Frank will make them with for what ever hubs you want and what ever length you might need also
sorry didnt explain better the stock axles are made to fit for size then Dutchman motor sports make new chrome molly axles i didn't have them last time cuz i just had the stock B16 and did great with stock and the new plice in the stock axles make it week its past the treated metal but yes the axles are going to be upgraded i had to get the stock axles from the 80 accord and hubs for the 84 accord then cut down to fit then send out for better stonger... and still up there in price$$$$$
i knew that the ones made that they did say it will not hold up to more 160 HPs
and !!
it was fun when the old ones twisted and snapped allot of people were out side at the time never seen any one hit the deck like that lol...
loud as hell like a gun shot in a barrel lol

Love your build.. Did you ever think about making it 4wheel disc?
long ago, I had some 85-86 prelude rear parts and measured them up to the rear of my 83civic S and it looked like it wouldn't be all that hard to mount the small channel from the lude in where the lower control arms mount to. The upper shock just is a straight shot thru the rubber bushings. NOT like the 3rd gen preludes. I still might do this to my 78 1200. But I'll have an adjustable LCA. On my 79, I did the 86-87 4x100 swap but its' been just sitting for years now.
Anywho, Just a heads up if you wanted the extra braking.

E

Back