1986 Crx Engine Swap?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ne1469

I want to swap a black valve cover vtec zc into my 1986 honda crx ,dx,carberated version....I havent been able to find any info on this?!?!?! Im looking for detailed instructions on the whole swap.....I.e.)wiring,ecu,carberated to fuel injection convertion,tranny match up..and pretty much any thing to do with this swap!!

your help is greatly appreciated!!

-keith :D

thanx alot for the info ....but the info on the carberated to fuel injection is very undetailed ,it says what needs to be done but not how or what parts are needed? I also was wondering where i should look for engines ..i was thinking about osaka but after reading all the shit on here im thinkin twice.Im thinking swaping a zc into my car is going to be alot harder than i thought.but i got to do it..main reason is the current engine in the car (198000miles)is on its death bed!!

thanx

Originally posted by ne1469@Feb 9 2003, 04:11 AM
thanx alot for the info ....but the info on the carberated to fuel injection is very undetailed ,it says what needs to be done but not how or what parts are needed? I also was wondering where i should look for engines ..i was thinking about osaka but after reading all the shit on here im thinkin twice.Im thinking swaping a zc into my car is going to be alot harder than i thought.but i got to do it..main reason is the current engine in the car (198000miles)is on its death bed!!

thanx

If i am not mistaken, the teg ZC wont mount into a civic/crx chassis, you need a JDM ZC, but i might be wrong. I remember reading about it awhile back.

I wanted to know also if i can just replace my dx wiring and fuel systems with a si unit .....if that would work???

-keith

stay away from osaka. fuck them

you can do the swap from dx pgi to si mpfi - jeff can help you out on that more than i can.

yes, get the jdm zc. the usdm d16a8/9 is not an easy swap.

see also our article in the swap section, general info, zc ID

Back