1988 CRX SI BUILD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

also might add... a CRX is a terrible rwd platform because the short wheelbase soo plot thickens more by time fab in front/rear subframe etc and have a driveshaft made ... you could have bought something else thats already fast ... not tryna be negative/debbie downer but again realistically not happening please dont cut up that Si
So thats why you dont want me to do it, you want one of your own and they getting hard to come by. V.V sorry but ive had this planned out for a long time. Not specifically with the caddy but with the crx. Nothing short of someone buying it is gonna stop me. And there aint noone gonna give me what i would want for it in the condition its in. Reason i decided to go with the caddy is later i can easily swap it to awd. Plus i got the caddy for a penance. Was actually looking for a 350z or something similar when i got started. Then fate took it a different way. And short wheel base is fine with me, makes it easier to sling around when you wanna have fun. Heck i might even extend it allitle to give more room in the future back seat. Have fun man, and remember. Just because somethings hard, or you cant do it doesnt mean someone else shouldn't do it. Ive said my peace and with the way my first thread went on here i dont think ill be back.

Oh we can all do the work we’ve been there lol it’s not a big deal just seems a waste.

So thats why you dont want me to do it, you want one of your own and they getting hard to come by. V.V sorry but ive had this planned out for a long time. Not specifically with the caddy but with the crx. Nothing short of someone buying it is gonna stop me. And there aint noone gonna give me what i would want for it in the condition its in. Reason i decided to go with the caddy is later i can easily swap it to awd. Plus i got the caddy for a penance. Was actually looking for a 350z or something similar when i got started. Then fate took it a different way. And short wheel base is fine with me, makes it easier to sling around when you wanna have fun. Heck i might even extend it allitle to give more room in the future back seat. Have fun man, and remember. Just because somethings hard, or you cant do it doesnt mean someone else shouldn't do it. Ive said my peace and with the way my first thread went on here i dont think ill be back.
this is fucking dumb honestly , like straight up dumb and no you cannot eazy awd it and the awd system from the caddy with the v6 is open diff split garbage lol... again you havent looked at that caddy in the air you dont realize front/rear subframes are not going to be even close to fitting etc much less the electronics etc blah blah to swap over from a literal garbage chassis nobody wants and sits at buy here/pay here lots ... this is why forums are dying lol

this is fucking dumb honestly , like straight up dumb and no you cannot eazy awd it and the awd system from the caddy with the v6 is open diff split garbage lol... again you havent looked at that caddy in the air you dont realize front/rear subframes are not going to be even close to fitting etc much less the electronics etc blah blah to swap over from a literal garbage chassis nobody wants and sits at buy here/pay here lots ... this is why forums are dying lol
No i think assholes like you that try to put everyone down just because you wouldnt do the swap is whats killing forums

It seems like you are up for the challenge. The look is not that bad, to be honest, but since it is a classic car I am sure that it will take you some time to restore it.

Forums used to be a place where everyone could talk about whatever they wanted to do or dreamed to do, now almost all you get is negative feedback, people saying its impossible or people just being assholes. Thats whats killing the forums, so maybe next time you decide to put someone down just keep scrolling instead. Thats all it takes man

It seems like you are up for the challenge. The look is not that bad, to be honest, but since it is a classic car I am sure that it will take you some time to restore it.
Yeah its gonna take about 8 months to a year or so, thank you for the positive feedback

don't let dilbeck get to you.

do the project if you want to. we'll be here to watch.

Last edited:
lol yes dont let me get you down , let taking that wrecked caddy apart THEN when you have it fully gutted and stripped ready for scrap and start placing the subframe up next to the crx etc you will see its not even same football field and will require a tube chassis etc. Forums have always been the realist place not toot horn or encourage dumb shiet and id personally rather have somebody being realistic with me vs YEA DUDE DO IT cause you clearly really do not know what getting self into. $1000 cash says front/rear subframe literally never get physically mounted to the car and the unibody chassis doesnt even come close to being prepared to accept them soo GL and prove me wrong plz ty (you clearly havent even measured anything)

Things you didnt think about for $5000 , you have to put the subframes for front and rear in , not only are they no where near being close , wider , and have to use that + suspension top hats from the caddy to transfer over suspension. Also you will have to tub entire car because way the 3.6 engine and trans mount if you dont want it to be way lower than the chassis of car its gotta be tucked up in it , well just putting the subframe in the front of car hooked to trans almost puts the trans output at very rear of car (where the rear subframe is supposed to bolt up and accept driveshaft) which .. OH SNAP is also nowhere near lining up or have any provisions in rear of car (where fuel system is etc in the honda) at this point you have cut out the entire floor out of the car making it a skin well thats fine and dandy tube chassis , well didnt think about the widh... a CRX is 66 inches wide ... the Caddy is 73 ... WELL Now your subframe mounting locations are almost half a foot out from the outer of the car and nowhere near the uni body support ... soo either doing the car on truck frame raise the whole vehicle up and mount subframe below or your cutting the inner structure out to mount the subframes in... at this point you have a beer can of a crx stretched around a garbage motor/trans. OK now we need the upper strut towers lets cut them out of the caddy , OH COOL for the suspension geometry for strut towers that would put them directly in the front fender arches in the crash area of the front of the car soo lets lop the front clip off soo can tube chassis that. I could go on and on on how fucking retarded this is and the amt of time/labor/material used and would be a small fortune (if had the $$$ you wouldnt be putting these 2 together) soo yea idc either way but id rather be realistic with you

s-l1600 (3).jpg
2004-2007-Cadillac-CTS-V-OEM-Rear-Crossmember-Subframe-Diff.jpg

Attachments

• 5ab1174a56c18_RearSubframe2.jpg.edb79f5a2a94e85dd3f7ccf3da04816b.jpg
    5ab1174a56c18_RearSubframe2.jpg.edb79f5a2a94e85dd3f7ccf3da04816b.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 158
Back