1989 Pontiac Grand Prix Turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battle Pope

Topic says it all. Found an '89 Turbo Grand Prix in a local nickel ad paper. Supposedly in good shape with no rust. Should I even consider it?

its a grand am turbo..... they can be really fun if you want to spend a little on them every so often... but basically they are like every other turbo car.... just with shitty stopping

Nope. It's a Grand Prix Turbo. Only made in '89 and '90, in limited runs of 3000-4000 per year. 3.1 liter turbo V6. The car was engineered my McLaren. I remember Steve telling me about them awhile back.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jan 21 2005, 09:22 AM
since when did GP's come turbocharged???
[post=449068]Quoted post[/post]​

supercharged GPs only came in 97+ models when the body changed.

Turbo GPs are nasty cars if you mess with them.

If I had the money to fix everything wrong with it... this car would be... teh ultimate sl33p3r y0!!

Originally posted by 2000Si+Jan 21 2005, 10:49 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Jan 21 2005, 09:22 AM

[post=449455]Quoted post[/post]​

in 1991 Pontiac released a supercharged version of a stroked out 2.8 by GMs own machining. The original 3.1 is a McLaren debut motor specifically meant for the TGP.

The GTPs 3.1 overheated with factory means of turbo charging, and the GTP recieved a supercharger in 1991.

Lots of pontiac "First ofs" are a lie. Like Widetrack Grand Prix.. The WideTrack is 6 inches.. SIX INCHES... thinner than the TGP / GTP.

-> Steve

It's the shits, but I can't get this one. It just needs way too much work to justify the purchase. It's unfortunate, but sadly I'll be passing this one up.

If it's still there in 2 weeks and he's still taking 1200 for it, I might change my mind though.

... if it's there in 2 weeks he'll take $800 for it.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity+Jan 24 2005, 01:00 PM-->
Originally posted by 2000Si@Jan 21 2005, 10:49 PM
pissedoffsol
@Jan 21 2005, 09:22 AM

[post=449455]Quoted post[/post]​

in 1991 Pontiac released a supercharged version of a stroked out 2.8 by GMs own machining. The original 3.1 is a McLaren debut motor specifically meant for the TGP.

The GTPs 3.1 overheated with factory means of turbo charging, and the GTP recieved a supercharger in 1991.

Lots of pontiac "First ofs" are a lie. Like Widetrack Grand Prix.. The WideTrack is 6 inches.. SIX INCHES... thinner than the TGP / GTP.

-> Steve
[post=450550]Quoted post[/post]​

Got any links to back that up? because as far as I know 91-96 GTPs did not have a supercharger on it.

Ah, you may win this argument. The only thing more boring than driving a non Turboed Pontiac is talking about one.

-> Steve

wasn't trying to argue, I just don't remember ever seeing one. I thought perhaps you had. :)

a little late

i see that this thread is a few years old but if anyone is still reading it i have a 90 grand prix turbo that i am parting out (or just selling the whole car if wanted) so if anyone needs parts just ask

i see that this thread is a few years old but if anyone is still reading it i have a 90 grand prix turbo that i am parting out (or just selling the whole car if wanted) so if anyone needs parts just ask
Where are you ?

Yeah yeah dead thread an all aside. Don't care. Need TGP.

is it a 4 door ?sunroof ? black ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back