1990 b20 civic si wont start :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

89vwfox

i was out driving last night and out of no where my car sputters for about 3 seconds and my engine light flashes a couple of times and then my car dies. I pull over on the side of the road and try cranking it again.......nothing and my fuel pump isnt turning on.. I check my fuses under my hood there are 2 blown my ecu and another one. i proceed to check my underdash and there are 2 blown there also. i replace them and still no fuel pump. When i got home i opened up the fuel tank access panel under my back seat. i checked for voltage on the 4 wire plug that gives power to my fuel pump and fuel gauge/float inside the tank. On the float side i got a healty 12.8V but on the fuel pump side i got a big fat goose egg..I'm thinking it could be my fuel pump relay but not sure. I already have a new walbro 190lph fuel pump on the way. The one im using now is the stock pump from 1990.

Any ideas what it could be?

might i had the same prob i changed the relay and it worked fine tll my dizzy shit hte bed

bought a new relay didnt do any thing...checked my grounds they were all good... and i keep blowing my 15a ecu fuse each time i turned they key into the on position. when i try to crank the car i can hear my fuel pump .

Back