1990 CRX Si Trim/Molding

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yea he is almost done with it he just has to put a little bit more bondo and prime the drivers side of the car he already primed the rest of te car and i went and saw it friday and it looks sick ill take pictures of it and post them of the before and after the car was in rough shape before so i got a heck of a deal him doing all that hes just my buddy hes 18 years old and can do amazing body work when i get closer to being done with the car im gonna start a thread becasue i took pictures of the car as i was doing everything and when im done im getting the pictures printed out and put in an albulm to show like the whole build... the guy whos doing my body work just is doing it in his garage btw sounds getto but it looks like it came out of a shop. ive been finding deals for that car i got a complete ls swap for 500

ive been finding deals for that car i got a complete ls swap for 500

Yeah thats sweet, i just found an LS block for 100$ and my buddy has a reallllly clean Vtec head for a couple hundred, so im probbaly gonna build an LS/Vtec Boost setup to replace my D16Z6 boost setup.

Now get with the pictures. cuz i REALLLY wanna see.

the guy said it be done tuesday for sure im not rushing him because hes doing it cheap and i dont want it to be a shitty job either i might try to go over there tomarro and get pictures of the side thats done and post them up but im not sure i got a shitty picture on my cell phone ill send it to my email and post it up either tonight or tomarro

ls vtec turbo sounds sick but i think im just gonna boost mine maybe vtec later i found a t3 turbo on a car the bearings are great it was like finding a treasure chest in the sand and this junkyard is cheap stuff my friend bought a turbo from the junkyard for 20 bucks and its like perfect condition so ill probly try to get that but ill try to post that pic tonight

trim molded 91 civic hatch

trim molded its primed butterscotch color because my friend thought it was funny
civic.jpg

btw the pic is a shitty cell phone pic i took it sucks i will have better pics later

Its cool, looking past the butterscotch color:ph34r: lol, its a good job.. one question though, did he bondo the whole molding? or like metal plate or what.

Yeah talkin to the guy doing my work.. he said the bondo would have cost alot, not to mention if the body flexed it would crack.. he was gonna sheet metal over it and smooth it out for about $350.. hmm idk. But gratz on the work in progress.

And sorry for not puttin up pics of mine yet guys.. still tryin to get on that!

im not to worried about it cracking foreal just be easy on the doors and it will be all right and if it does crap ill get my friend to sand and repaint it for the cost of paint really i got a couple people that know how to paint and wont charge me except like 20 bucks or something to repaint it

well cuz im having the car professionally painted afterwards i cant afford to have that stuff happen.

werd, and it should get done right the first time. otherwise you're just creating another one of those eyesore hondas we are all sad to see crawling down a road with its tail between its legs.

but mine isnt completely molded out like the guy didnt even use that much bondo on it foreal like its like just enough to make it smooth really he said it shouldnt crack unless it get slammed real real hard like my body dips in a bit where the molding acctually was so it shouldnt crack is what he said and im not getting it like "professionally done at a shop" but my friend could walk into a shop and get a job painting easy he has his own paint booth at his house him and his grampa built for his grampa to paint bikes and its like a decent paint booth but its shop quality ill post a pic of this guys s2000 hard top that he painted its sick ill post it later i gotta go to work

any more progress? im getting my car hauled back to my house tomarro and painting the engine bay and inside because its gutted out and want it to look decent. and my new transmission should be in friday along with my jumper harness and then ill have to bolt it up and drop the b18 in it

ughh... TERRIBLE news guys.. i had my car out for one last day.. a few hours before i was to drop it off and i was doing like 20mph over cuz i was close to home and really had to pee.. my hood pins malfuctioned.. hood opened up at 60mph.. needless to say it WAS a carbon fiber hood..... well you can think of the aftermath.. so its gonna be a few more days before i have any work done.. probably wont start til this weekend.. and have to get it trailered... :'(

but ill try to get the pics up from before and a pic up of what happened.. so you can see..

Last edited:
that sucks so much, do u have gsr brakes on ur ef? mines got a huge swaying problem im not sure what it is tho dont be a smart a$$ and say get sway bars, there something wrong like a car should not sway this much like its hard to keep it on the road at 40mph thats how bad it sways? any ideas of what it could be?im thinking the back wheels need alingned and maybe new suspention and camber kit in the rear but im not really that sure of what it could be? any ideas of what it could be any suggestions will be aprieciated?

oh yeah it sucked hard.. but yeah i have the gsr rear brakes. As far as swaying do you have any aftermarket suspension work done? i.e coilcovers, springs, etc? if not then your wheel bearing may be bad and you'll need to get it fixed cuz not only does it throw out your alignment but could cause that sway. To check jack up the rear of the car just enough so the wheel is off the groud and grab is from the top and bottom and try moving it.. if it isnt snug then thats a sign your bearings out.

Last edited:
ill try that thanks, im getting coilovers soon right now it has cut springs thanks to the guy who had it before me ha

well that could be the problem. haha i had the same thing.. then i got skunk 2 pro S series coilovers. best 600$ ive ever spent :)

Back