1995 honda accord lx help needed engine!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Ygft17

I recently was giving a 95 Accord that belonged to my aunt about a week ago. Because I wasn't told that the car needed a signifcant amount of oil the engine either locked or seized or what happended to my engine. I'm not sure how to find out if the car needs a new engine or not. I was told by a gas station mechanic that a new engine would be needed for my car that would cost $12,000 I'm guessing. I want to make sure that the engine is actually dead before I spend money on a new rebuilt or salvaged engine. Can anyone tell me what I signs I should look for If my engine is actually dead or where I can find a 2.2l 4 cylinder 16 valve engine at a reasonable price

I recently was giving a 95 Accord that belonged to my aunt about a week ago. Because I wasn't told that the car needed a signifcant amount of oil the engine either locked or seized or what happended to my engine. I'm not sure how to find out if the car needs a new engine or not. I was told by a gas station mechanic that a new engine would be needed for my car that would cost $12,000 I'm guessing. I want to make sure that the engine is actually dead before I spend money on a new rebuilt or salvaged engine. Can anyone tell me what I signs I should look for If my engine is actually dead or where I can find a 2.2l 4 cylinder 16 valve engine at a reasonable price
lmao they guy that told you 12,000 is about 11,000 off lol, does the motor turn over ? if it dont its time for a new motor or rebuild but you can swap it for a stock motor or h22a for 1500 bucks give or take

This my other account so you said something about a stock motor what exactly is that and what is the difference between this motor and my 4 cylinder...like what would you recommend I do I don't want to sell this car because it's a good car in good shape u know. I'm just trying to figure out what are the key things I need to look for. I was told a locked engine won't work a guy from roadside assistance said it sounded like a bad altenator and a guy I worked with also said it sounds like my car might have a bad altenator..idk

does the motor turn over ?. second question what is your goal and budget ?

well this all happened last thursday the first day the motor turned over now it doesn't the lights come on inside the car it use to make a clicking noise now it doesn't...My goal is to get my car up and running to get a decent engine for this vehicle my budget is that i don't really want to put more than 1200 into getting this engine the car has 20k miles on it & seeing this is my first car I could get another car for abt 1500 u kno but I don't want to give this car up its a reliable car my aunt has had it since 95..lol u kno

lolz i meant to say 200k my bad man...lol but yea hopefully it is the battery idk like i said this is my first car she kept it in good condition..Thanks alot for the help though

well the thing abt it man I live in Baltimore. I already have a mechanic that works in the actual Honda Service Center he gives a deal for the most part when he does work on my car I'm just looking for the exact engine or a website or something where I can get the motor u kno if needed ....I'm going to take AHHVTEC's advice and try the battery first.

Back