1997 civic lx wanting to swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah its better to do it yourself. that way you know that you did it. take pride in what you do. as for the tech questions, the more the better :spin:

just pm me with any questions....

i did more or less the same swap (obd0 b16a into a 98 lx), so anything you run into i've probably had to deal with at one time or another.

ok i got a crazy one for you what is a "spoon" engine and what is a "mugen" (hope i spelled it right) engine? i was talking to my cousin that is in the marines in japan and he told me i should get one of those engines so i ask what is it? obd1 obd2 so on thanks guys :p

a couple of sr20 engines would pull a premium one week before racewars...make sure it's got the fogger system and the motec system exhaust!

:huh:

:lol: "SPOON ENGINES?!"..."MUGEN ENGINES"?!...engines with mods from manufacturer. not really called spoon or mugen engines, though. :lol:

if you didnt catch that the first time around, then there's no point in explaining it.

yeah! buy an OBD2a to OBD1 jumper/converter/harness, they're all the same. let me know i get them for $110.

ok had to bring it back to life..i have made up my mind and i am ordering my engine next week. i am getting the b16sirII i looked at the forums for the not easy swap and i notice that the b16sirII was not on the list so i am going for it now the question that i have is am i better off getting the obd1 obd2 converter or should i just buy the injectors for the obd2 and so on let me know what i should do thank you guys :p

you do not neet an obd1 engine harness...

get a 98 ex harness. theyre $600 brand new from honda, but it's worth it.

dam i might as well just save a couple of more dollars and get the clip with the wiring harness than thanks, by the way do you know where i can get a hydro tranny from i got a engine for free by the way the lady crashed hers and it only had 41,000 miles on it she wrecked the rear really bad but the tranny is auto so and i have manual in my car so if any one knows where i can get it from please let me know thank you

it is a b16 from a 95 civic(i am just going to sell it) i got a question for you i if i buy a obd2 obd1 converstion do i need an obd2 ecu or obd2 wiring harness?

ok i have learned alot from you guys but i am still learning. i know that the 99-00 civic motor is obd2b and my 97 civic is obd2a, but the question of the day is can i buy that engine? will it bolt right on? and do i need to rewire the whole car? or is there a convertion kit i can buy?

dude, i put an obd0 motor into a 98 civic.

no matter what engine you get, the procedure is the same. THE EXACT SAME. there was NOT a b-series motor in ANY 96-98 USDM civic.

you gotta do the SAME THING no matter WHAT year motor you get.

read back a few pages and see how we told you to do it. theres no point in selling your obd1 b16.

if you get an obd2-obd1 jumper, then yes, the general assumption would be that you're running an obd1 ecu. with a jumper, you keep the wiring harness thats already in your car (you have to, anyways. you can't put an obd1 engine harness in an obd2 car, and vice-versa).

ok you put an obd0 in your civic you know i am going to come to you because i just found out that my b16 is a b16a1 which is a obd0 ok thanks man good looks :ph34r: :worthy:

Back