2.2 VTEC REBUILD

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hay folks merry xmas to all of u when the time comes

okay here goes iam going to rebuild my 2.2 vtec engine as im wanting big power now so a few of you are thinking what can this be TURBO am needing advice on which kit to get and what to upgrade to get the most form this as the engine will be relocating to my accord during next year so can anyone give me pointers to what the best turbo kits are as i do want value for money and what to upgrade on the engine hope some of you an help cheers

Man before anyone else tells you this, we can't really tell you what to get. We need more infor as to what your goals are, how much $ you want to spend, what type of motor (I'm guessing it's h22) but what year? usdm or jdm, the thread you wrote is quite vague, there are definetly people here who can help you, but we need more info.

Okay the spec of the engine itself is a h22a from a jap imported car and am looking for just over 400bhp after the engine is rebuilt and the turbo fitted alot of friends i have spkoe to over the last couple of weeks have said the TURBONECTICS kit is brilliant so have been looking into that but naturally i would want to consult my fellow Honda Swappers the engine it self i want to strip it all down and replace big end bearings upwards coz theengine at the moment is using a wee bitty oil have a bout 6grand to play with and will be doing most of the work my self under expert supervision the engine was from a 1992 prelude hope this info helps

400 HP Means you are going to want to do some bottom end work and some cylinder head work. You AT least will want some lower compression pistons.. (something like 8.5:1 - 9:1.1).. if not some rods and bearings (ACL bearings and i forgot the other company for main bearings but they make nascar ones and shit), for the lower end. maybe knife-edge the crank..i think the crank can remain stock..not totally sure..the head will need: Port and polish (moderate-full race), dual valve springs, titanium retainers..and turbo profile cams. you should get some crower cams for this..www.crower.com / www.tunerschoice.com ..I would also get some adjustable cam gears so you can tune it to perfection.. 400 HP.. im not totally sure on this one either but it sounds like about 14-18 PSI (depending on the turbo) to get this figure..
Turbonetics turbos = good.. and Garrett turbos i like because that is my name..
turbo kits arent usually as good as creating your own custom turbo setup..but T3/T4 turbo should be good for your goal. I dont know as much about turbos as i would like to so look around on this website on other posts for a few hours and get yourself educated on this shit.

since its an h22,you MUST sleeve the block.add some new bearing,low cr pistons,good rods,and a some boost tuned WELL.its all in the tune.as for what turbo kit,build your own.

Wrong Forum.

I'd leave this in the swap forum, but I believe you'll get better responses in the turbo forum.

If you have your heart set on a kit full-race kits are the ones you should be looking at.

But most people will say set a kit up your self

A pal i was talking to the other day at the performance centre near me said that one customer has just got his turbonectics kit in and its getting plumbed into his 1.6 vtec and has been told that once its in it will be running 380bhp is this possible just by bolting it all on as i have seen everything in the kit surely not! not without rebuilding a hell of alot of the engine ?

Quoted post[/post]]
A pal i was talking to the other day at the performance centre near me said that one customer has just got his turbonectics kit in and its getting plumbed into his 1.6 vtec and has been told that once its in it will be running 380bhp is this possible just by bolting it all on as i have seen everything in the kit surely not! not without rebuilding a hell of alot of the engine ?
if its a b16,stock b16s can take 300whp with a good tune,but not much past that in most cases

am all for the build my own kit up but its just when it comes to the electrical side thats were i would get lost

Quoted post[/post]]
am all for the build my own kit up but its just when it comes to the electrical side thats were i would get lost
Yeah building your own kit would be cheaper and tehn you can have some extra $ to do other things like re-sleeve because your going to have to do that. As far as the electrical side, Im not sure how much electrical there is. Of course theres the ECU and you are probably going to go with a chipped p28 or p72 and yes you will have to know how to hook it up, somebody here might be able to help you with that. Also with elecrical you will want to be running some sort if boost controller. If you have the p13 which comes with the h22a then instead of chipping the other ecu I mentionned maybe and AEM plug and play or something along those lines. If your electronically inclined you can do some research if not then I get someone to help you out.

full race doesn't make h22 kits for preludes/accords. they don't fit the cross members or some shit.

anyway,

the electrical side is cake. don't worry about fmu's and all that crap. get your self a chipped obd1 p72 ecu, the obd conversion harness if you need it (i have no idea what year accord you have) and then go download crome for free over at tunewithcrome.com

:werd:

I dont know how much we would charge to ship to scotland, but i can help you out with a lot of your components for the build up (pistons and rods actually...most of the other components i have for hondas are B series only).

Well my prelude comes out of the game from the end of jan next year so thats when im starting up with everything just trying to gain as much knowledge as possible this now and this is helping awesomely (if thats even a word) the accord is a 1994 regestration

obd 1.

You have all the options in the world.

As mentioned. OBD1 P72 w/data logging and Crome would do well for you.

Back